Claiming that children have special needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming that children have special needs

What substantiation will the court look for when a parent claims for sole custody and submits on Form 35.1 that each of the children have special needs?

Any experience where there has been no diagnosis so the parent is claiming with no backup?

(There is no diagnosis, treatment or special education whatsoever)

The court will require a diagnosis for special needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
      The court will require a diagnosis for special needs.
      Thank you. As I thought Any citations?
      This was clearly added as a means to intimidate.
      In my opening statement and testimony and corss I will assert this is a false sworn statement with intent to mislead.
      In the questioning transcript (I conducted the questioning) she admits that there is no diagnosis and that she is the only one that made any diagnosis.
      One of my kids is an 8 year cancer survivor with no relapse (than the stars) and is under no treatment plan other than a bi-annual checkup with oncology. Agreement is specific no appointments without advance notice and both parents have right to attend.
      The ex claims both of the other children have mental health issues because she unilaterally and without my knowledge took them to see social workers. No ongoing treatment, no MD, nothing.
      And she is suing for sole custody.
      Welcome to my life the last 8 years. Last conference this Tuesday. Trial set for a week after that.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X