Dropping out of post-secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping out of post-secondary

Daughter is over 18. She keeps enrolling in classes, then dropping out a few months into it. I have arrears and currently paying through FRO. The problem is that I'd like my support to go towards my arrears, but as long as she keeps enrolling herself in classes, the payments go towards support. My ex doesn't immediately notify FRO, of course, when my daughter drops out. I feel like I'm being defrauded and FRO tells me there's nothing they can do without me going to court. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can help out?

She can still get support even if she is dropping out because she re-enrolls. If she has had several years of this I would file to stop support as she is not in a meaningful program of study and no hope of graduating with a degree for employment.

Comment

Ahh same boat here...

I will let you know tomorrow how this plays out as it will be discussed in court...22 year old has started 3 different University courses, plus one college. Hasnt finished anything...and now wants to return to University for the 5th time

Comment

So how did it turn out?

Comment

Put off til end of April..they were so far apart on everything...but who knows when court will happen

Comment

I thought once enrolled into a full time program and then if you drop out of that program support stops immediately, up until the age 25.

Sounds like child support should be stopped

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X