Clear All

is this a joint custody order?

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
      is this a joint custody order?
      Yes, joint custody.

Comment

Not much has progressed here.

Trying to find out when school counselor will be talking to D7. Mom originally agreed about school counselling when they suggested it but has since been mostly unresponsive or when she did respond I got ranting and conflicting info which she won't clarify. Talked to teacher at school. She reached out again to counsellor and they confirmed they are still trying to reach Mom. Mom ain't returning calls. Mom lead me to believe that family doctor was making referral from this, but...

The drift I deduce from Mom's ranting is that Mom is ignoring school initiated counselling , and had asked her personal Dr. for counselling referal. That was just recently. D7 could have been talking to someone already like 2 weeks ago. Mom says if it goes through school it will effect D7's school record. Mom seems to be mentioning recent " issues" that all seem to stem from my house as reasons D7 is having issues. Basically my involvement in D7s parenting and schooling must be an issue. Her opinion is that none of this is my business. Typical garbage from Mom.

I'm meeting with the principal to find out what is going on and insisting that school initiated counselling be done. So tired of this constant BS by Mom. Too busy playing Gatekeeper and lying to help D7.

Comment

How about you contact D7 doctor? this way you are looking into it directly from the doc.

Minimize communication with the ex. You know that you are only going to get a rant and nothing is going to be done so why keep up with it.

The school are the ones who have to reach out to her and they can send her written communication with D7 or through regular mail if need be.

Comment

I did contact the Doctor in question, which is how I was able to find out *some* of this.

However, that is always a painful call when I call there, as it's Mom's doctor, not mine, and Mom had made sure to poison that relationship before I could even introduce myself.

Everytime I call, I get some front-staff women who play Gatekeeper, and I have to explain that we have joint custody, as they won't provide info at first. And then they do, but only the minimum I find.

That office has not been helpful.

Comment

You could also file a freedom of information request. Or call and say you will be filing it and possibly reporting the doctor to the medical association for withholding court ordered information.

Is there an item in your separation agreement that states you have a right to inquire? Send them that too.

Many of these people play this game but doctors can be held accountable via the courts and they dont like getting in trouble because their staff are jerks.

Dont think its just because of the divorce. Every doctors office Ive been involved with has an asshole front desk person who does nothing but cause problems.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X