This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Separation / Divorce Preventive Measures

Another Milestone was achieved today...... It's safe to say the chances of me being trapped and drawn into any potential "new" future child access / custody battle naturally, is now ZERO.

Yes I know there is the in-loco route.....but hell will have to freeze over before I trip up over that one.

The naturally route was taken care of, by getting this done<----------------

The Urologist was quite comical about the whole thing, and I jokes around with him when he couldn't get his iPhone 5 to play the music selection he had asked me for. I told him to consider Android

It was not painful, the only part that hurts a little bit is when you get the shot of Novocaine at the beginning...but even that was not so bad...after that you can't really feel zilch.

Fellas.....with all the stories we heard on here lately (the current one being the poster with his room mate), if you don't plan to have more kids / want any at all......get sorted out!

I wish there was a temporary version, I don't want to prevent future mini me running around.

Comment

I would suggest putting some serious consideration into it though. My partner was done after his second child. She didn't want her tubes tied or to take birth control (according to him) so they decided he would get done.

Well six months after being done, they split, his daughter was only a year old. 4 and a half years down the road, we have started discussing the possibilities of adopting or having his surgery reversed. To get this done, you are looking at $3500-$5000 at least and there is no guarantee.

There are other ways to prevent pregnancy and if you hope to have children again in he future, I would suggest you really talk to your family doctor about this.

Comment

Thank you for doing that

Comment

To get this done, you are looking at $3500-$5000 at least and there is no guarantee.
          Well....I didn't have to pay for it, it's covered

Thank you for doing that
          subliminal attempt at a sarcastic comment??? It's very transparent.... Now if I had said that, you will have taken it to be an insult. I made a decision to just have what I can afford...1 child that am able to provide for, as opposed 2, 3 etc and then looking for someone else or the state to look after the child/ren for me

- I am not a deadbeat
          - I take care, provide, and am very involved in my child's life
          - Child is worldly so far
          - I don't sit on my todd or get SS
          - I don't get CS
          - I continue to provide for myself alone whilst aiming for the stratosphere
          - Never felt a tad bit entitled to anything
          - Am currently living on my 4th continent, and still able to survive and do more for the country.....

Want to stack Ex and current bf up against all this?
          Last edited by FWB; 01-08-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Sorry FWB, I meant to have it reversed... it is covered to get "fixed" but to have it reversed it is not covered.

Comment

Originally posted by FWB View Post
              Well....I didn't have to pay for it, it's covered

subliminal attempt at a sarcastic comment??? It's very transparent.... Now if I had said that, you will have taken it to be an insult. I made a decision to just have what I can afford...1 child that am able to provide for, as opposed 2, 3 etc and then looking for someone else or the state to look after the child for me

- I am not a deadbeat
              - I take care, provide, and am very involved in my child's life
              - Child is worldly so far
              - I don't sit on my todd or get SS
              - I don't get CS
              - I continue to provide for myself whilst aiming for the stratosphere
              - Never felt a tad bit entitled to anything
              - Am currently living on my 4th continent, and still able to survive and do more for the country.....
              Nope, just a little humour

Comment

but to have it reversed it is not covered.
                It still is for me....one of the perks of the job.

Comment

I know several people who have had it reversed and they went on to have more children. When you get it reversed you don't want to wait too long though. Age sets in and everything goes to pot.

Comment

It was not painful, the only part that hurts a little bit is when you get the shot of Novocaine at the beginning...but even that was not so bad...after that you can't really feel zilch.

Just some friendly advice from one who knows. It's true that the procedure is painless and you will feel nothing more than a little discomfort for the first 24/48 hours. Just take it easy ... my STBX felt fine afterwords and did not take his doctor's advice - he went straight to the gym the next day and .... well, his 'ding-dongs' swelled up to the size of bowling balls. Had to spend the rest of the week with his legs propped-up and ice packs

Comment

I hope you enjoyed yourself that week.

Compared to what women go through it is such a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                        I hope you enjoyed yourself that week.

Compared to what women go through it is such a non-issue.
                        I don't know who had it worse - him or me, this guy would freak out when he had a garden-variety cold ... you'd think he was giving birth or something, what a fuss he made lol!

Seriously, if a couple is considering permanent birth control, vasectomy is the way to go, it really is a simple procedure (and for those who fear it might affect their libido/performance, there's nothing to worry about.)

Comment

I know several people who have had it reversed and they went on to have more children.
                          I can assure you that I won't be part of that statistic

Just some friendly advice from one who knows.
                          Oh...you've had it done too?????

I hope you enjoyed yourself that week
                          hey now....wink wink, yes.

he went straight to the gym the next day and .... well, his 'ding-dongs' swelled up to the size of bowling balls.
                          I have been advised to park my running and other "physical activities" for a few days.

I am finding out that a bag of frozen mixed vegetables can serve a different purpose
                          Last edited by FWB; 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Good for you for being a brave, smart young man FWB. You will likely find it enhances your sex live as you are now "safe" and secure in the knowledge you won't be getting anyone pregnant. How liberating for you and your next partner!

Comment

I can assure you that I won't be part of that statistic

Oh...you've had it done too?????

hey now....wink wink, yes.

I have been advised to park my running and other "physical activities" for a few days.

I am finding out that a bag of frozen mixed vegetables can serve a different purpose
                              Make sure that includes vacuuming and heavy lifting.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X