Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes its stupid logic. I'm almost 5'10 and weight train...so I could probably mess up a short, skinny guy actually.
    Maybe its lucky for men that women mostly always guys that are taller than them. An inherent genetic survivability trait for men?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
      Judgemental are we? You have no idea what kind of saucer it was, where it was thrown, the context of it. But it's violence against women? I won't get into details, but she did a LOT worse than that yet I never called the police. She called the police months later when I would not leave the matrimonial home, she was given advice by a friend of hers I learned who said it's a great trick to get your husband out of your life. The advice was this: find an incident where the both of you argued, where you felt threatened, or if he's ever thrown anything at your during the arguement be it a book, a cup, doesn't matter. My ex in her desperation to have her new lover move in and take over my life was to call the police. She told them that she wants me to leave. They said, "well he doesn't have to since this is also his home". She said, "well he threw a saucer at me last year". That was enough. At the time they asked her if she wanted to press charges (that's how it worked back then) and she said 'yes'. I was teaching math and science at a local high school at the time, they arrested me in front of my students. It was the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me. I never went back to teaching after this.

You are a real dink, oink. While it may make you feel good for saying things that are politically correct, doesn't make you good and right.

You say I should have spent more than a month in jail for that? You are a sick person. You are obviously very judgemental, you know very little about the facts surrounding this let alone what kind of plastic saucer it was, the fact it was not thrown at her. I was found not guilty, they offered me a peace bond which I declined. No way, I was not guilty of assault. She was guilty of assault a number of times over the course of our marriage and I never called the police.
      You had the right to call the police and CHOSE not to. She has the right to call the police and CHOSE to. Are you implying she should not have excercised her right simply because YOU did not? That she should have 'returned the favour'?

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      We can? Damn, I didn't get the memo.

Exactly 20? What if one hit is kind of light? Can I go to 21?
      LMAO! And what if you didn't hit the spot you were aiming for? Can you claim a do-over for that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        Yes its stupid logic. I'm almost 5'10 and weight train...so I could probably mess up a short, skinny guy actually.
        Not to mention what you could do with a hammer or a chainsaw.

Comment

I called the cops three times when my ex got physical. I did NOT lay a hand on her other than to get her off me.

All the cops had to say was this is a custody issue. You both have lawyers deal with it there.

Luckily my ex was not smart enough to file a false DV charge against me. We ALL know what would have happened.

I did have a voice recorder on at all times. I even got one of the assaults on video using my phone. Police wouldn't even look at it.

She never had a history of violence before but me not caring what she had to say sent her mental...(Literally)

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
            I called the cops three times when my ex got physical. I did NOT lay a hand on her other than to get her off me.

All the cops had to say was this is a custody issue. You both have lawyers deal with it there.
            The police are notorious for not wanting to get involved, but at least you had her behavior documented, that's where others go wrong - by not speaking up.

Comment

Here is my story.
              My ex wife... officially as of yesterday,was charged and convicted on 3 counts of assault.
              When the police arrived originally, I called as well as two others who were assaulted, I was put in handcuffs!
              After an hour and figuring things out I was released. Note worthy is the police immediatley handcuffed me. I was punched in the head, kicked in the balls and had scratches over my face.

As part of her sentancing strict parole conditions were dished out.
              3 times she violated parole, never did the OPP show up.
              Once I was running down the highway with her in pursuit while on line with 911.

The only thing I thought... If this was a women who had been assaulted and was being pursued by a convicted felon Im pretty sure the OPP would show up.

This year she assaulted aniother women in a road rage incident.

So gender stereotyping does occur, at least for me it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                Here is my story.
                My ex wife... officially as of yesterday,was charged and convicted on 3 counts of assault.
                When the police arrived originally, I called as well as two others who were assaulted, I was put in handcuffs!
                After an hour and figuring things out I was released. Note worthy is the police immediatley handcuffed me. I was punched in the head, kicked in the balls and had scratches over my face.

As part of her sentancing strict parole conditions were dished out.
                3 times she violated parole, never did the OPP show up.
                Once I was running down the highway with her in pursuit while on line with 911.

The only thing I thought... If this was a women who had been assaulted and was being pursued by a convicted felon Im pretty sure the OPP would show up.

This year she assaulted aniother women in a road rage incident.

So gender stereotyping does occur, at least for me it did.
                Wow.
                I'm sorry to hear that.

When you look back, what could you have done to avoid those situations you found yourself in?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
                  My divorce was in the mid 80s, I lost 30 lbs in 2 months I believe.
                  Yeah, I lost maybe 40 lbs too.

It's called "Life Altering Event". Or "stress".

Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                    Yeah, I lost maybe 40 lbs too.

It's called "Life Altering Event". Or "stress".

Take your pick.
                    My first 20 lbs were all stress the remaining 50 lbs were by choice and not wanting to be anywhere near my house. So the gym it was.

2 years and I've kept it off and continuing to lose a little more.

Comment

Looking back>>>>>
                      There were many warning signs, I choose to ignore them or downplay them.
                      As of yesterday I am free. When seperated 3 years ago I went to therapy for depression and more importantly to find out why I made wrong decisions.
                      Seeing this fellow for 2 years did wonders. There was no point in duplicating my stupidity. I look back and now say what the frig was I thinking.
                      I have only started dating recently. The reason for the wait is up until now I had no idea what a healthy relationship was.

Going to a criminal trial while going through a divorce was not fun, it almost broke me. I moved out of the area, one reason is I had no friends with the OPP.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                        Don't mean to be funny here, but that is some serious numbers you lot are throwing around

If I was to lose 50lbs, I'll be 100lbs soaking wet
                        I ate to deal with my misery. I was also not permitted to leave the house. So couldn't really get any exercise.

Like others have said WTF was I thinking. Seriously... The control I allowed her to have over me is mind numbing. For what...bad sex.

Comment

I lost thirty lbs before separation and my ex thought I was losing it to look good for somebody. Guess she was right eventually. She did her best to sabotage my diet, but willpower, and a treadmill helped out.

I lost another thirty afterwards, and she wanted me to see a doctor, she thought I must be seriously ill. It was just the ability to do more exercise.

Comment

LOL,
                            I went from 218 to 168 lbs in three months.
                            Im now at a healthy 180lbs.
                            Stress will do it, so will having no money.
                            I was thrown out, living on a couch and paying 2 mortgages

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                              I lost thirty lbs before separation and my ex thought I was losing it to look good for somebody. Guess she was right eventually. She did her best to sabotage my diet, but willpower, and a treadmill helped out.

I lost another thirty afterwards, and she wanted me to see a doctor, she thought I must be seriously ill. It was just the ability to do more exercise.
                              My ex actually lost a ton (70 lbs) of weight before separation under doctor supervision and orders. She certainly loved the attention she was getting from the many men. She has since put it all back on. She blames it on her Bi-polar meds. not the fact she stopped exercising and the supervised diet. But life to her is about placing blame.

I have seen a ton of people lose lots of weight only to gain it back years later. I can only hope that I can stay diligent enough and make a conscious decision to stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post

Going to a criminal trial while going through a divorce was not fun, it almost broke me. I moved out of the area, one reason is I had no friends with the OPP.
                                Can I get an 'Amen'???

Ain't life crazy sometimes?

If you can take advantage and start going to the gym and get that weight back in muscle. That's a good thing.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X