Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the other thing is I got good info..how do I remove the thread

Comment

Beware, domestic violence is so common in Divorce proceedings it doesn't mean much when it comes to custody.

Then she was working (for you)? Cant you use that salary for offset purposes? Or were you income splitting?

I think you have to ask a Moderator to delete a thread.

Comment

I will use that or impute earnings but it won't put much of a dent in things. Has there been in any success in wages over 150 and 50 50 custody having that offset affected. The end result would be her having a higher standard of living than me.

How do I contact a moderator

Comment

Like what I'm hoping to argue is that during 6 months of nesting the amount coming in was the standard and that was generally what we were doing most months until she went crazy with shopping addictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kkc View Post
            How do I contact a moderator
            There is a red bell symbol in the right hand corner of every post, hit that.

Comment

I guess the other thing is I got good info..how do I remove the thread
              If people could remove their threads, lots of good information would be lost. If you want your questions to remain private, use the messaging feature of the forum.

Comment

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=17961

Please review the above post. Thanks!

Comment

let me just say- gross. all of your posts scream "WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY???!!!"....here's some advice- start thinking about your kids. You claim she has an addiction issue AND she's violent. And you've done what to protect your kids so far?

I've only been on this board for a short time- but this...this is not a crazy story. This is par for the course.

My best friend is a family gp and also runs a cosmetics practice- and let me just say- family lawyers see doctors and they see $$$$. You're better to make a fair and reasonable settlement. No one feels financial sympathy for doctors, and if the divorced male doctors I know are any indication- esp. not the courts.

I do have a question regarding custody- you said you're going to get 50-50...has she agreed to this?
                  Last edited by iona6656; 12-10-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

The addiction seems to have stopped CAS is involved. She has been violent to me. Not to the kids.
                    My story is akin to a bully beating up a kid stealing his lunch money and the principle patting him on the back.

Our nesting agreement is without prejudice. I do not know what kind of an argument she will make where 50 50 does not happen. If I have to slow down my practice and work less that will happen. My kids are the priority, not my job. At the same time, I have not agreed to give her 50-50, we are asking for sole custody and in the alternative 50/50. In her initial claim, she has not provided one reason why I should not have 50/50 and why she should have sole.

Her affadativ is full of lies and there is no actual proof on anything whereas mine has a 1 inch binder backing up all my claims.

Comment

If I have to slow down my practice and work less that will happen.
                      Some (many) judges feel that parents, and fathers in particular, have an obligation to maximize their income. They may not agree that you can slow down your practice. Well, you always can, but a judge may impute income at your normal level to encourage you to be productive.

My point is, be careful about blithely stating in writing anywhere that you intend to deliberately reduce your income.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X