Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do to calm down when ex pushes your buttons?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
    I don't insult myself, I tell it like it is, and it's directed at him. If I were insulting myself, that would be a cause for concern, but I'm not.

It's all the things you want to say but can't say. I'm a quick thinker and have a very sarcastic sense of humour. I quite enjoy some of the analogies I can draw in these emails.

This is an extremely common practice in therapy. Write a letter to them, explain how you feel, why you're angry and then throw it in the fire. I just email it instead.

I can't see how different it is from journaling. But, think what you want.
    I got one of these emails 4 months after breaking up with the first girl I dated post separation who also ended up spending time in mental health.

I like myself.
    I'm doing well.
    I'm not perfect
    I might have schizophrenia (NO JOKE)
    I didn't like the way you ended things...
    I guess mental illness is an issue for you.
    Last edited by FB_; 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

To the OP of this thread.....being that am someone that believes in live and let live........to counter your ex's "pushing of buttons", you could simple just say this to yourself........Achtung Baby

Then play this song, which am sure is a version you haven't heard or seen before? The lyrics are fitting

Had the pleasure of seeing them in TO, Paris, Montreal, Dublin, and Wembley in the past

Then......

Those that are really serious about moving on, can then follow up with this song <----------------- No good if you are not being honest with yourself though
      Last edited by FWB; 01-22-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X