Case Law Topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Law Topics

I thought it might be helpful to start threads in this area with links to good case lase on different topics. I see good case law posted often, but it gets lost in other threads, this could be a great resource for a lot of people.

Headings could include things like:

50/50 Access
    Joint/Sole Custody
    Undue Hardship
    etc etc

If there's enough interest perhaps one of the senior members would be willing to make some headings?

Originally posted by OntarioMomma View Post
    I thought it might be helpful to start threads in this area with links to good case lase on different topics. I see good case law posted often, but it gets lost in other threads, this could be a great resource for a lot of people.

Headings could include things like:

50/50 Access
    Joint/Sole Custody
    Undue Hardship
    etc etc

If there's enough interest perhaps one of the senior members would be willing to make some headings?
    I think that's a great idea!

Comment

I've been / was receiving S S. X was to retire in 5 years. But now the X has taken early retirement, after 2 years of our settlement. With my age and health in 5 years the material change would have been ok for my life style at 70. Losing the existing support (X stopped paying Support at the end of 2014.) I will have to give up the home next year. Much sooner than I had hoped to.

I'm looking for Case Studies, that I can go to court with. To have the Support continued and fairly corrected. My Lawyer past away shortly after the settlement and I will have to do my own legal work now.

I have asked F R O for help and at some point I should hear from them!

Any INFO would be a help!

TKU
      Full_Plate

Comment

Originally posted by Full_Plate View Post
        I've been / was receiving S S. X was to retire in 5 years. But now the X has taken early retirement, after 2 years of our settlement. With my age and health in 5 years the material change would have been ok for my life style at 70. Losing the existing support (X stopped paying Support at the end of 2014.) I will have to give up the home next year. Much sooner than I had hoped to.

I'm looking for Case Studies, that I can go to court with. To have the Support continued and fairly corrected. My Lawyer past away shortly after the settlement and I will have to do my own legal work now.

I have asked F R O for help and at some point I should hear from them!

Any INFO would be a help!

TKU
        Full_Plate
        You need to start a new thread for this

I'm not expert on SS but from everything I've read on here, I doubt your ex will be able to stop paying you just because they decided to retire early. It doesn't work like that.

Good luck.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X