Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DadWhoDidntGiveUp View Post
    I won the Arbitration.

Thanks for everyone’s support and assistance.

Thanks Kinso and Tayken for posting the information regarding the Pazaratz ruling — I immediately forwarded the case law to the Arbitrator upon reading your posts.

The Arbitrator cited Pazaratz in her decision.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
    WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
    Awesome! And yes huge thanks to Kinso and Tayken. White Hats

Comment

That is amazing news!! Congrats!! Hopefully the Arbitrator came down on your ex for acting the way she did...

Comment

DadWhoDidntGiveUp, Can you tell us the longest time you went without seeing your child?

I'm going through a rough patch - haven't seen my children in over a month due to false allegations. I'm wondering how others got through this type of difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalentines View Post
          DadWhoDidntGiveUp, Can you tell us the longest time you went without seeing your child?

I'm going through a rough patch - haven't seen my children in over a month due to false allegations. I'm wondering how others got through this type of difficulty.
          Just over a month due to false allegations while waiting for CAS and cops to clear me.

It was a horrible time.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
          WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Comment

Ok - I'm approaching 1.5 months and trying very hard to keep going. Your website is very motivating and helps to know that I should keep advocating for my children.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalentines View Post
              Ok - I'm approaching 1.5 months and trying very hard to keep going. Your website is very motivating and helps to know that I should keep advocating for my children.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Note though that the difference between you and him you were actually charged and are going through a criminal case. Plus you had access but ended up with supervised access due to an ill advised motion. This apples to oranges. I know you miss your kids but you should not get into a mindset where you make a move that sets you back even further.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
                That is amazing news!! Congrats!! Hopefully the Arbitrator came down on your ex for acting the way she did...
                Stating the Arbitrator “came down on your ex” is an understatement. She really came down H-A-R-D on Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex. I want to frame her decision and put it up on my wall because it’s the first time in 6 years that someone in authority has put Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex in her place.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                WWW.CUSTODY.WTF

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  Note though that the difference between you and him you were actually charged and are going through a criminal case. Plus you had access but ended up with supervised access due to an ill advised motion. This apples to oranges. I know you miss your kids but you should not get into a mindset where you make a move that sets you back even further.
                  Hi Rockscan,

Good point (and memory). I regret my decision everyday as it could not have come at a worse time. Had the motion only been a week later it would have been adjourned.

Now the new order also prohibits me from bringing any further motions as well as the Mother is not budging on giving me access since all supervised facilities are closed.

Looks like I won't be seeing them for another couple months until this COVID thing is finished with.

Comment

I won the Arbitration.

Thanks Kinso and Tayken for posting the information regarding the Pazaratz ruling — I immediately forwarded the case law to the Arbitrator upon reading your posts.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                    WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
                    Excellent news. It is unfortunate that you had to go to arbitration over the matter. The lawyer representing the other parent in this matter should have known better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      Excellent news. It is unfortunate that you had to go to arbitration over the matter. The lawyer representing the other parent in this matter should have known better.

Money talks - unruly clients sometimes talk even louder [emoji2361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stating the Arbitrator “came down on your ex” is an understatement. She really came down H-A-R-D on Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex. I want to frame her decision and put it up on my wall because it’s the first time in 6 years that someone in authority has put Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex in her place.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                        WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
                        Eventually, the nonsense catches up with them. Imagine if you went before Pazaratz. :P

If you want some good reading check out the threads from a user named WorkingDad. Legendary case claw and the other parent actually used to post on this forum... crazy stuff. It's great stuck-at-home reading during COVID-19 lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by vocalfather View Post
                          Money talks - unruly clients sometimes talk even louder [emoji2361]
                          I wish judges would order costs against lawyers who bring nonsense matters forward. They are officers of the court and not only have a duty to serve their client but, the courts too.

Too many Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro's out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Shapiro_(attorney)

Comment

As officers of the court lawyers should be reprimanded for allowing any client to pursue frivolous claims. Advocacy has gone too far. It is damaging to everyone. The lawyer I had for a while (who I loved but could not afford) gave me very stern advice that he would not engage with the other side's nonsense and made it clear to me that he would not be party to anything vexatious from me. Full stop. Judges should have the authority to penalize, reverse fees and enter public admonishment. In my dreams.

Comment

I won the Arbitration.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
                              WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
                              (Sorry for taking so long to get back to some of your private messages)

I received several messages about the Arbitrator’s reaction to the mother’s accusations. Here is an example of what the Arbitrator wrote in the Arbitration Award:

The Arbitrator called her out on several issues including the following:
                              • The mother claimed that the family doctor had stated that “COVID-19 was a hoax.” The Arbitrator stated that it was highly likely that the mother made this up because the Arbitrator could not imagine a doctor making a statement like that in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.
                              • The Arbitrator accused the mother of “Doctor Shopping.” In the mother’s evidence submission, she admitted to taking our son to the non-family pediatrician in hopes that a Doctor would tell her that our son should stay with her until the COVID-19 pandemic was over.

The Arbitrator wrote that “the Arbitration award shall be enforced by the city’s Police Service”

Comment

CONGRATS, CONGRATS AND DID I SAY CON-FREAKING-GRATULATIONS BROTHER !!!!!!!!!

Way to slay, my brother!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X