Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the overall point I was attempting to make has been completely lost on a few members here.

If you want to discuss the issues of men and what they face in regards to shelters and domestic violence, make a thread for it, and discuss it there. Having the appropriate location for a discussion will likely make it far better received. Heck you can then brainstorm together and figure out what you can do to help, even if it is just posting on a forum...

This thread was about a small group of women and what they faced in starting a shelter. It angered me, and likely others that people would belittle their accomplishments with complaints about men and shelters, 40 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
      not to mention questioning the legitimacy of the people using them
      There is no question - it is a fact.

Comment

And every time you use that argument while advocating for men's rights, men's shelters, etc, you will completely lose your audience and end up looking like someone just trying to tear down women's shelters.

But hey, ok, that's cool, let's talk about that then. What have you done about It? Written an MP or MLA? Talked to the director of a women's shelter about it? Talked to the fundraisers? You get where I'm going....

Or have you just whined about it here and to your friend's?

Comment

And every time you use that argument while advocating for men's rights, men's shelters, etc, you will completely lose your audience and end up looking like someone just trying to tear down women's shelters.
          I was not making an argument as to why we should have men's shelter when I said that, I was rather simply responding to something you had said while you were advocating for women's shelters.

But hey, ok, that's cool, let's talk about that then. What have you done about It? Written an MP or MLA? Talked to the director of a women's shelter about it? Talked to the fundraisers? You get where I'm going....
          The only place I see you going is on tangents. As discussed, it is a fact and is all over the news and very well known by the courts. I don't need to call them to state the obvious.

Comment

Okay, so you've done nothing but moan here, got it.

Comment

Okay, so you've done nothing but moan here, got it.
              I'm not surprised by your inability to stay cordial while conversing with others.

Im also not surprised by your inability to grasp very simple concepts.

So let me ask you again, what gain is there in me contacting all these people to tell them something they already know? Oh Hello just wanted to let you know there are women who are falsely alleging abuse to gain tactical advantages in family courts. Oh hello. Thanks. We are aware.

If it makes you feel better and be able to sleep at night however, I had spoken with Legal Aid Ontario's Victim of Domestic Violence strategy personnel who comfirmed that they too are aware and that this is happening a lot lately. If you have read any books writtwn by judges, then you would know that our courts are aware of this issue as well.

Comment

When people just argue in circles, your correct I don't remain cordial.

By doing nothing, nothing happens. If you want change on this, get politicians involved. When you contact them and let them know you are concerned about something, even when they already know, it increases their focus on It, as it let's them know there are people tracking it. If you don't so this, they can ignoreoe forget about it.

I'm going to do my best to ignore further conversation on this thread that is so far off topic from the intent of it. Make a thread where this type of conversation would be relevant and I may contribute. This ones so far off the rails it should of been locked long ago.

Comment

Closing the thread temporarily.
                  Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X