Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just depend on the amount of post, not the quality of the posts.

I have never been disabled, but it seems to me that anybody who can move the mouse can do a productive work. Yes, it requires some reading/studying before, but that's all.

Comment

I think I would say Welcome, and where your views get tested by members on a regular basis.

Comment

Failure to comply to a clause that states the NoA must be provided is not enough grounds for a contempt motion. You must send the written request, and follow the channels outlined above...but, I doubt his income has gone down, or he would have no issue providing it. In my experience, parents who refuse to comply with this clause do so because there has been an increase. In that case, you also want to ask for support changes to be made retroactively to July, when any changes would have taken effect, and, since it has only been a few months, I would ask for that retroactive amount in a lump sum, and let him argue why that is unreasonable.

Comment

[quote=Deut7;56244
          Again, when you can actually walk a day in my shoes and do it without my pain meds, or without any assistance at all, then you have the right to comment. Otherwise, respectfully keep you mouth and your tongue in it, as you have truly NO clue as to what you are talking about.[/quote]

You open yourself up to comments by posting on here. You take the good advice with the bad....suck it up, or talk to a friend who will take your side...we are more realistic than most, and just blunt enough to give a wakeup call where one is needed. If you don't like it, you can ignore it...because trust me, you will get varied opinions, and some are good advice, some are critical...but if you can handle it, the forum is a wealth of knowledge, even from those you would rather not hear from.

Comment

Originally posted by Deut7 View Post
            I expect then you are not disabled or you would not make such a statement. I have been disabled for many years and I have made numerous attempts at working and have failed.
            That also being said you must be a person who feels that disabled or not whether I can walk, or think I should work right?
            I suggest that when you can walk a day in my shoes then you have the right to make such a comment. Until the day that you can, I respectfully request you keep such comments to yourself.
            I have been tested by more doctors than I care to be tested by..I have done more stuff in a lifetime than most and if I had my honest choice, I would go back to work and deal with folks like you at the border when you try to smuggle stuff.
            But that is not the situation and I am incapable of working any further. According to the tests that have been done to date.

Again, when you can actually walk a day in my shoes and do it without my pain meds, or without any assistance at all, then you have the right to comment. Otherwise, respectfully keep you mouth and your tongue in it, as you have truly NO clue as to what you are talking about.

Merry Christmas
            PS, I would not push so hard on the woe is my disabled self card, because the courts have swapped custody in the past for precisely that argument. The process is, if you are so disabled as to be unable to provide for yourself, how do you propose to care for your child?

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
              PS, I would not push so hard on the woe is my disabled self card, because the courts have swapped custody in the past for precisely that argument. The process is, if you are so disabled as to be unable to provide for yourself, how do you propose to care for your child?
              As my friend from the East region says... It's a double edge sword.

Comment

I must agree with one of the posters and that is, he is likely making more as he did comment to me that he has to pay Revenue Canada this past season so that means he made more money. He was always gone and ended up working a lot of hours and yet when I ask for 35.00 for his son to have dental work and believe me I did not have it, he said NO. So I will follow advise and do letter and the motion to Compel and go from their,

As for those who said that I must be able to work if I can move a mouse. Yes I guess for about an hour a day I can work. So far my testing has proven that my ability to work is so very limited. No sitting on my butt does not work either as I most of you will never understand the many limitations I have.
                As for my child.....he is well cared for in my home by me.....When ones needs to learn to adapt things they adapt....I can challenge many of you to manage what I have to manage,,,,,work yes I loved my work......I would give anything to go back to work.....but not one doctor will release me,....and no one will hire me.......I refuse to tell what the issues are as they are not for anyone to know.....this is not suppose to be personal but some seem to think that advise is a personal attack.
                I guess you are not the kind of people I would take advise from. LV yes you give wonderful advise. Then their are several others, but those that make the wise cracks about working,,,,,the next time you hurt your back, or have pneumonia and are laying on the couch and just can not get up....well get up off of your lazy parts and make dinner and take care of your child as I do it all the time....sick or not it is my child and since his Father is absent minded and absent in all other ways,.,,choses not to even call his son on Christmas day please do not critisize me for what I am Able to do and NOT Able to do. Just give your ADvise and keep YOUR Wise cracks for someone who might appreciate them. I came to this forum for intelligence not nonsense.

To all that helped. Thank you from my son and from Me.

Happy New Year

Comment

If you are going to cherry pick the background information that you provide and then furthermore cherry pick the good vs bad advice you get here, then be aware that you are not presenting in a rational manner.

It's a public forum. You are going to run into all manner of responses.

If you are going to take cover with statements like "I refuse to tell what the issues are as they are not for anyone to know", and then continue on about the challenges you are facing and overcoming, then you are also inviting questions about that disability.

You are sucking and blowing at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post

You are sucking and blowing at the same time.
                    LOL, that`s a hard talent to master....lol

Comment

Lot's o' practice

Comment

,,,,,the next time you hurt your back, or have pneumonia and are laying on the couch and just can not get up....well get up off of your lazy parts and make dinner and take care of your child as I do it all the time....
                        Been there, done that as have many many many others in your position. I even got off my 'lazy parts' and held down a full time job as many many many others have. People do it all the time, everyday with a hurt back or pneumonia, broken bones, MS, cancer and worse. You're just as special as everyone else. They just do it because it's their responsibility, just like supporting themselves and their children is also their responsibility.

Unless your ex is responsible for your current condition - which I highly doubt he is - why on earth should he be forced to compensate you for it??

You can supposedly 'adapt' to get up and take care of your kid properly but can't 'adapt' to get up and support your kid financially. I have never heard of the government being able to ban someone from working due to a medical condition. Do they throw you in jail if you happen to take a job answering phones, typing or walking dogs? Or is it just that any money you make comes off your disability cheque? Because that's a far cry from 'the government won't allow me to work'. Woe is you, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deut7 View Post
                          I must agree with one of the posters and that is, he is likely making more as he did comment to me that he has to pay Revenue Canada this past season so that means he made more money.
                          I must agree that your logic here is whacked. Get a grip. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

I don't think it's even remotely proper, sensible or logical that one person should be the permanent disability insurance for another person.

If you had never married then where would you be right now? On ODSP. Because you got married, your ex is your disability insurance and even if you qualified for ODSP it would be clawed back from your support payments. When if fact at minimum it should be the reverse: If you legitimately can't work, then society should have a system in place for you, and MAYBE your ex should top that up for a few years.

Comment

totally agree with Mess

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X