Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the BEST part of divorce to you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually enjoying sex again...hahahahahaha...

Comment

Learning from past mistakes and moving ahead, hopefully with the wisdom and tools needed to de it right the next time.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

After 40 years of marriage I feel free to go shopping, visit with friends, go to church, go walking, hiking, reading, and no one to report how long it will take, as there was always rush, "I need to be home on time" or hell will brake loose.
        And no more being perfect housewife a cook and a made. And I can look at people and talk to them like a human being. I do not need to wait for the
        monster to come home (@ any time of the the night).
        What the life it was? There was never no one to help, no one cared what life you have. Now at old age I feel relieved.

Comment

-Hearing my own laughter again
          -Wanting to wear girlie clothing again and not just black
          -Having just Orange Juice and toast for dinner if I want
          -Having a glass of red wine in the evening and relaxing to music and the sound of my boys (fighting of course ! ha...)
          -Being able to tell a story without being corrected/interrupted
          -Laughing (did I mention that already ?)
          -Sex/Intimacy
          -No socks all over the house
          -No moustache and beard trimmings all over my makeup and bathroom counter
          -Not watching any TV/cable for the past 6 months and enjoying music and reading again
          -Laughter (did I mention that ?...)
          -Sex/Intimacy (did I mention that ?...ha)

This list could go on and on...great suggestion to have us look at the positive

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
            Those are awesome ones!

Thought of another - a great big bed to myself with no snoring man beside me I still don't use the middle of the bed though- it is odd- so many years of sleeping on one side of the bed - can't break that habit.

jenny
            not yet divorced or separated, but I can relate to this

Comment

Originally posted by CycleDad View Post
              Humm, sleeping in my own bed instead of the couch.
              I can totally relate to that one! I did it for almost 6 months until he finally moved.

Here are a few of mine (I'm not divorced yet but we've been separated for a year and a half):

-- going out with friends without worrying about how drunk he would get and how much babysitting I would need to do that night.

-- no dirty socks in my hallway, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc. etc. etc.

-- spending time with my kids doing what we want and not having to worry about how boring it might be for the "party boy" husband.

-- being able to cook RICE! I love the stuff, the kids love the stuff, he hated it. lol

-- sitting on a Sunday morning without the tv on while the kids are in bed instead of having to listen/watch some sporting event on tv.

-- being able to be myself again!

-- being able to buy what I want, when I want and KNOWING I don't have to explain myself to someone later.

Comment

-Actually being in love

-Having real conversations

-Making my own decisions about EVERYTHING. Not being constantly corrected, controlled or bossed around.

-SEX! Really amazing sex!....(instead of marital sex which ranked below cutting the dried poop out of my dog's buttfur on the desirability scale)

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                  -SEX! Really amazing sex!....(instead of marital sex which ranked below cutting the dried poop out of my dog's buttfur on the desirability scale)
                  The funny thing about sex, both good and bad, is that it's always a two-way street.

Always.

Just sayin'

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Where to start???

- Not having to listen to a grown man whine.
                    - Not finding my under garments crumpled up under my bed, when I haven't worn them...
                    - Not having to watch a grown man pluck hair off his body (for the sake of those who have recently eaten, I won't go into detail).
                    - Having intelligent conversations with a man you're intimate with
                    - Finding out that women were not lying when they talked about incredible earth shaking orgasms.
                    - Finding out that the G spot really does exist!
                    - Sex that lasts more than 10 minutes.
                    - Sex with someone who showers

I miss a few things though also:
                    - Replacing the batteries in the remote with dead ones, and hiding all the live batteries in the house.
                    - Watering down his liqour
                    - Pouring his liqour down the sink
                    - Drinking the last beer in the fridge
                    - Leaving out boxes of tampons when the friends I don't like come over
                    - Buying every pink home accessory I can find towels, kichen utensils, car mats.
                    - Calling his work and asking for him by the nickname he had in grade three
                    - Introducing him to my 6'3" bodybuilder ex boyfriend

Where to stop?

Comment

• GaryM:

Lol..sorry if I hit a nerve..but you're wrong. Sex for some self absorbed people is all about them...very unenjoyable and unsatisfying. He was constantly all about his needs and never met mine. That's why sex sucked so very much during marriage...why I avoided having it like the plague even when he begged and had fits when I said no...and one of the many reasons I got divorced. I also know I'm hardly the only woman or man that has experienced the same in marriage.

Since I actually met a guy that prioritizes me before himself and takes care of me...its a new world. Love is truly a many splendored thing.

Comment

• Separation sucks for me because I honestly like having a companion .... but ... here's the stuff I have found out about myself ... figuring out that I COULD do things on my own .... these may be silly to some but these are things that I have recently done that have shown me that I can be a confident adult....

1. driving to see my daughter - THROUGH Toronto - all alone!
                        2. spending $200 on a gorgeous sweater without asking permission!
                        3. Finding out that I can be comfortable with myself / by myself (I'm still working on this but the sun is peeking through the clouds)
                        4. Working out and eating right because "I" want to!!!!
                        5. Making new friends who actually care about me!
                        6. Being in a Dragon Boat race!
                        7. Walking through the market and having a coffee on a cafe patio ALONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary M View Post
                          The funny thing about sex, both good and bad, is that it's always a two-way street.

Always.

Just sayin'

Cheers!

Gary
                          I was wondering what the punishment is for an illegal left? failure to yield? following too closely?

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepSmiling View Post
                            I was wondering what the punishment is for an illegal left? failure to yield? following too closely?
                            Depends on who you're following!

Comment

• Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                              Depends on who you're following!

Comment

• Yikes!

That looks familiar...

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X