This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment question

At a recent motion, I stated that I was laid off from my previous job. The other party's lawyer sent me an e-mail asking for a copy of Record of Employment as proof.

Am I obligated to forward her office a copy of such or can I just ignore the request until I have to file an updated financial statement before my scheduled Trial Mgmt Conf?

As long as I'm paying my ordered CS amount every month, why would they even ask for, or need, that?

I don't think you're obligated. They're probably just being nosy as to the letter code for the reason of issueing the Record of Employment.

Comment

Lots of deadbeat parents quit their jobs in order to avoid paying a cent of support.Your stbx's lawyer is just checking that you aren't one of them.Not really a big deal.Sorry about the layoff ,that really sucks.

Comment

Reason they may be asking is to ensure you are not underemploying yourself... while it may not make a difference now, next time you adjust CS, your obligations may go down, due to this layoff... they want to make sure it is legit layoff and not something else.

Comment

Why wait until court to provide it? Be proactive and provide now, it will look good in court that you were complient.

Reasons a court may require you to provide would be for unemployment as advised above, or so that FRO can use that information to garnish your wages beacuse the employer was never provided.

Often people who try and avoid CS hide this information along with yearly tax papers and judges don't look kindly to that.

No reason to hide the truth, show that you were laid off.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X