Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court Order to hand over passport 10 days before travel.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Order to hand over passport 10 days before travel.

Last Month, the court gave me an order to travel with my son. The Judge added that my ex had to hand over my son's passport not later then 10 days before travel. I have provided my ex with the Itinerary, hotel and phone numbers in case of emergency however she has made no effort to provide the passport other then stating that she still has not gone and picked it up.

The deadline set by the court (10 days before travel) expires on Monday. If she does not provide the passport, what would be my next step?

Emergency court order!

She is also providing you with a notarized letter consenting to your travel right? You will need to show this to the border/customs agents. See here for more info and a sample consent letter: Children and Travel

Comment

Is she represented by anyone (lawyer, legal rep etc.)? If so, go through them for this. She'll most likely be hit with a double-whammy (the lawyer will convince them to hand over the passport and charge them for doing so).

Comment

dinkyface: We have the court order grant us the right to travel with my son without her consent.

leafsrule: She is not represented by counsel.

The question I need answered is what I do if she doesn't hand over the passport on the due date. Do I have to file a motion with the court stating that she is violated the court order or put in an application for an emergency passport (which I will than request costs for)?

Comment

I'd do the emergency passport first and if it can be done, then file a motion in court for this (plus costs involved).

You should see if this can be done (the passport) and then call her bluff on it. Tell her because of her lack of actions in giving you the passport, you have to go this route and that you are going to file with the court for a motion + costs involved. See what she does... either way, you'll either get the passport back or you'll get it reimbursed in court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X