Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get the OCL to do an investigation then?

Comment

You would request the involvement of the Office of the Children's Lawyer in court. Depending on the age of the children they will either assign a clinical investigator or a lawyer. From what I gather your daughter is approx 10 now right. You might want to make the point that you would like a clinical investigator appointed and state the reasons why. Once the Judge orders the OCL involvement, the OCL will send you a letter stating wheather they are going be become involved or not if they are, they there is a packet to fill out. If I am correct you have 30 days to fill the packet out...what ever you do...do not be late in sending it in ( you can fax it in as well) as they can simply close the file and you will have to start all over again and mostly likely they will refuse involvement the second time. This packet that you fill out is where you tell your story make sure you do not degrate the other party, stick to facts, you can attach your court orders and affidavits to it as well that have been filed with the court. Hope this helps out

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X