Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher Convicted

Of having sex with student...200 times, yes 200

Another typical case of the "abuse" of power / taking advantage of position to fulfill personal needs...disgusting

Pontbriand, now 43, is accused of having a romantic relationship with the teenager between 2002 and 2004. She was 32 years old at the time.

Former teacher convicted of sleeping with student over 200 times | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

What is interesting is how this story has been conveyed through the media. This takes place ALL the time sadly between male teachers and students. However, because this teacher is female, there is an added taboo and it gets more media attention that her male counterparts. What does that say about society?

The abuse is ten fold because it was from an adult in a position of power. But the real novelty this news piece has is it is because it was a woman who committed the abuse.

I also take issue with the words "romantic relationship" - No, abuse is abuse. The child was a minor and was not in a romantic relationship, he was being abused.

I'd like to know where the hell the parents were when this kid was having sex 200 times with someone? To prove a point I made in an earlier thread, parent or step parent, I'd have known where this kid was. And he wouldn't have been out shagging his teacher, that I can assure you.

Comment

However, because this teacher is female, there is an added taboo and it gets more media attention
      There is the other thread about the family law lawyer though

What does that say about society?
      That like the family law court, there is inequality when it comes to gender???

where the hell the parents were when this kid was having sex 200 times with someone?
      Perhaps they thought it was extracurricular?

There was also this story:

Hockey Mom Slept with Son's Teen Teammates

And this

Saskatchewan woman Kelley Minogue jailed for having sex with her son’s three teenaged friends | National Post

and 38yrs for the same thing

Teacher of the year gets 38 years: Sex with 12-year-old puts teacher behind bars - San Diego Top News | Examiner.com

Interesting statistics

Male Teachers Get Longer Sentences For Sexually Abusing Students Than Female Teachers: Gothamist

Comment

It is only abuse if the teacher is ugly.

Comment

It is only abuse if the teacher is ugly.
          The same stance you will take if your pre-teen / teen daughter comes home and tells you a male teacher has touched her inappropriately?

Comment

It is not just disgusting, it's sickening.

The same way the person that posted the Ottawa lawyer did....news headlines

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X