Big Mac Attack Redefined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Mac Attack Redefined

You really have to wonder about some of the so-called experts assigned to custody/access cases.

Suit: NY dad criticized for denying son McDonald's: Associated Press - MSN Money

NEW YORK (AP) - Saying no to a toddler's demands for a McDonald's Corp. meal got a father branded an inept parent, he says in a lawsuit claiming a psychologist urged a judge to curtail his parental visits over the dinner debacle.
    David E. Schorr says psychologist Marilyn Schiller pronounced him incapable of caring for his nearly 5-year-old son after he offered a choice — dinner anywhere but McDonald's, or no dinner at all — and let the boy choose the latter. He then took his irate son home to the boy's mother's house early from their Oct 30 dinner date, according to a defamation suit Schorr filed Tuesday.
    Schorr, an attorney and employee-benefits consultant, is in the midst of a contentious divorce with estranged wife Bari Yunis Schorr. Schiller was court-assigned to evaluate the couple and their child, according to the lawsuit.

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
    You really have to wonder about some of the so-called experts assigned to custody/access cases.

Suit: NY dad criticized for denying son McDonald's: Associated Press - MSN Money
    What complete and utter tripe.

I rarely took the kids to McDonalds, and my GF's kids refuse to eat there.

Why an "expert" would see it as bad parenting is just....incredible.

Comment

I'm sure there is more to this story.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
        What complete and utter tripe.

I rarely took the kids to McDonalds, and my GF's kids refuse to eat there.

Why an "expert" would see it as bad parenting is just....incredible.
        Not bad parenting because of McDonalds, bad parenting because parent took 5 year old irrate child back home to the mother early when child asked for McDonalds. A grown adult, (lawyer I think), should have better problem solving skills than that.

NEW YORK (AP) - Saying no to a toddler's demands for a McDonald's Corp. meal got a father branded an inept parent, he says in a lawsuit claiming a psychologist urged a judge to curtail his parental visits over the dinner debacle.
        David E. Schorr says psychologist Marilyn Schiller pronounced him incapable of caring for his nearly 5-year-old son after he offered a choice — dinner anywhere but McDonald's, or no dinner at all — and let the boy choose the latter. He then took his irate son home to the boy's mother's house early from their Oct 30 dinner date, according to a defamation suit Schorr filed Tuesday.

Comment

I would think that taking a child to McDonald's is bad parenting. Who needs genetically modified french fries anyway?

The Globalization of “Fast Food”. Behind the Brand: McDonald?s | Global Research

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
            I would think that taking a child to McDonald's is bad parenting. Who needs genetically modified french fries anyway?
            It's not bad parenting. It's different parenting.

Comment

I rarely take my kids to fast food places, but I explain why and present alternatives, picking one myself if necessary.

That said, I do think the Dad could have done better. He could have been a parent and picked a different place instead of leaving the decision up to the child. And he could certainly have not returned the child early when he didn't like the child's decision.

There's definitely more going on behind the scene in that story, and it really sounds like the dad has some power and control issues.

Comment

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the choice as presented to a four (almost 5) year old.

Was it a Tuesday or a EOW custody week-end?

That's an important detail.

Comment

Personally I don't think the issue was that Dad wouldn't feed him McDonalds, the issue was he didn't feed him at all and took him home in his parenting time. Whether it was a Tuesday dinner or an access weekend, it was still his parenting time and he should have dealt with the child in the appropriate way, not just pawned him off on the other parent.

Comment

I recall being sent to bed when I was a kid with no dinner as a punishment. I'm not sure children would voluntarily starve themselves to a danger point.
                    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Suit: NY dad criticized for denying son McDonald's

The marketing team at McDonalds' would love this!

Personally I don't think the Dad did anything wrong, except to return the child to the mother in such haste.
                      There is a lot more to this story, of course. The child seems to be given far too many options for a kid his age

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X