X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is to early?

Hi Everyone!
    I was just trying to find information on when is it to early to make sure i get child support? I'm going to have a baby in April and the father choose to have nothing to do with me after. Says he wants to be there for the baby but he can't be trusted.

Does anyone know where i can go to get some information>

Notsurewhattodo.

Hi notsurewhattodo and welcome to the forums!

You're not entitled to receive child support until your baby is born. However, if what you say about the father is correct, you probably want to have everything ready to go for getting child support well before the baby is born. You don't want to have to worry about finding a lawyer or filling out paperwork when you're dealing with a newborn baby. Nor do you want to wait until the last minute in case your baby is prematurely.

I can't say there's an exact right time but assuming your pregnancy is going normally, at about the 6 month mark would be a good time as you're not leaving it until the last minute then nor is it really too early as it may take some time to get things organized.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X