And it's happened again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arabian View Post
    Child protective services very well might be investigating. They have no obligation to inform you or the "stranger" if they are investigating or of their findings though.

Must be very frightening and frustrating for you.
    I hope that's the case, though withholding that info seems odd as it would create unnecessary drama, as seen in my above posts

Comment

Originally posted by Soiled View Post
      I get what's being stated about heresy, though I'll disagree about nothing being done on it. If a woman reports a rape that occurred to her weeks, months, or even years back in the past, its investigated, even though there is no proof at that point. Apples and oranges though.

Regardless of heresy and such, based on our own knowledge of this individual, and his past behavior, there is zero doubt that the information provided to us is factually accurate. So it would be back to one of my original questions of, is there any possible routes for action we've missed on this?
      You do realize if a woman reports a rape that happened to her it isn't hearsay. It happened to her. Hearsay is reporting what someone else told you happened

Comment

The point was about prood, but can we not argue semantics and stay on topic please?

Comment

So just some follow on information based on the last week or so..

Having gotten nowhere with CPS over email, phone and in person, I walked into the local MLA's office and spoke with them on Wednesday, they were sympathetic and made some phone calls. Suddenly CPS is very interested and we've gotten multiple from them over the last few days.

What's rather concerning, is they had no record of our previous calls...

We've retained her previous lawyer to get the custody agreement changed and hopefully reduce the father back to supervised access. Should be getting the ball rolling with that next week.

Comment

That must have thrown you for a loop for sure. I don't know how these agencies work... might be something for you to document and take up with the Provincial Ombudsman in the future.

Comment

Yeah contacting the Ombudsman has crossed my mind as well. That they don't keep records of all reports made to them seems ridiculous. The effort involved in keeping records of reports would be pretty minimal, I would hope that it's just some employee who screwed up this one time, rather than a common occurrence.

Comment

Spoke over the phone with the regional office for CPS last night, and they agreed that the reports made meet their criteria to start an investigation, and gave me the contact info for the person who will be running that at the local office.

Lesson learned for me, was that we shouldn't deal just with the front line person on the phone, and if they seem unwilling to do anything, immediately ask for the next person in their chain of command. I can sympathise with them to an extent however, when your job consists of spending your day hearing about the worst things imaginable happening to children, drinking and driving, drug abuse and neglect seem comparatively minor.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X