Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 9000. Plus 900 for half of his lawyer fees. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by sunset View Post
      It's 9000. Plus 900 for half of his lawyer fees. Thanks for the input.
      I thought you already paid the 9000, and were now quibbling over the 900 only (and hot tub).?

Comment

here is a thought - maybe this is why the LIA is referred so much here? what do you think an even bad lawyer would tell him when he/she looks at the seperation agreement, married + house = MH and MH is first look 50/50 equity and outstanding debt. There should be no give him 9K and thank the lucky stars!! You will need to get him to agree to what is against his best interest 25K instead of 9, plus whatever else there is to consider - just a thought you will need to get around. bonus to you is the short marriage but if you think what would be the result in front of a judge, what prvious rulings can you find on CANLII? ( i think you are newer here, canlii.org/ontario will get you the posted cases. Search for your issue to support your keeping an unequal share of the home.)

Comment

I'll take a look there thank you. Yes I am new to this site and its helpful. I have not given him any money yet.

Comment

here is an easy one - do not give him anything! I assume you both have an income of sorts to survive until this is settled? This is not a whine - ok it is!! but a year of nothing, so many twisted bank accounts - around 35 with one bank, kids and all - but the statements do not indicate all the account numbers, often it is just mutual fund. Yea rigghhht! Which friggin one! But anyway - I am on a meagre disability - meagre to can't survive on it - but i still wait, and since I am slow at figuring out the financial mess, I wait longer.... but not much, should be in front of the judge here this week.

So do not feel bad about holding onto yours until you have your settlement.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X