We WON!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We WON!!!!!

5 years of court, 7 days of trial, and finally my husband's little girl will be with us where she belongs. She will see her mother two weekends a month. So glad that finally all our concerns were validated!!! CAS really needs an overhaul though, after seeing what they let his ex get away with for years while "monitoring the situation" even after they reported multiple times she was unable to cope with a child. The booze, the drugs, the transient nature of her living environments, the shady characters around this little girl, so glad nothing worse happened. Keep up the fight if you know you're right when fighting for your children. Because no one else will. I do wonder though, as we were self represented, if his ex's lawyer quit his job after

Congrats laurie_rn on being successful in court and providing a safe home to this little girl. I hope her young life will have less stress and more stability so she can focus on just being a kid.

Comment

Congrats. I hope you'll stick around to help out others...

My involvement with CAS was good. It was falsely called on me. But I can see where it's entirely dependent on a good evaluator...and its a horrible job that pays little. So I can imagine the talent pool is small.

The whole process from CAS, OCL, Courts...Legal Aid...it all needs a serious re-think.

One thing I've noticed coming at it with 20 years in business....it seems likely almost every part of the process is incentive monetarily in the exact opposite way they should be to guarantee the desired outcomes...

CAS gets paid for the lengh the file is open...

Legal Aid is only paid real money if they can get something to court
      There is no incentive to settle....

Penalties are low for abusing the system so almost no disincentives at all.

Office of Children's Lawyer seem to hire social workers and although I had a great experience I can see where they are trained to see a monster behind every tree and have little ability/training on differentiating fact from fiction.

Courts are overloaded...so I think they feel being tougher on liars and cheats only clogs up the system more but in fact it's the opposite. If parties don't realize early that there are consequences...it just perpetuates the bad behaviour.

Comment

Inspiring. Congrats !!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X