Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Cobourg is on a distinguished road
Default Exhibit book for Trial

Through the course of this process, different motions and conferences have occured, including a Trial Management Conference this week.
Within the various documents that make up the Continuing Record, there have been exhibits included.
During the Trial Management Conference this week the judge requested an "Exhibit Book" be ready for the start of trial.
He said I should produce one for the court and file it, one for the Applicant and have one for my self.
Should I assume that I should include every document that I have included in my past submissions in this exhibit book, or just what I am planning to use at trial?
Do I also try to guess what exhibits I might need to respond to her information produced at trial?
I am very confused by this because the folks at the court office have always been very clear about not duplicating documents in the CR.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Exhibit Book is part of the TR. Material in CR can be added. Rules of Evidence applies. Endorsements along the way, are worthy considerations.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 AM

Cobourg is on a distinguished road

Thanks Logical,
I don't want to cause unnessessary issues for the judge by giving them too much stuff, but I also don't want to be caught offguard and not have document that I might need to rebutt a point or two.
How does one balance those two issues?

Also, do I submitt the Exhibit book to the court prior to trial as I would do with an affidavit or do I just bring it to court on the day of the trial and hand a copy to the clerk and one to the Applicant?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM

SillyMe is on a distinguished road

Trial is a whole new ballgame. The trial judge is not supposed to know anything about your case therefore; yes attach anything you are proposing to use during trial i.e. affidavits, reports, exhibits, etc. Usually, at the beginning of trial each of you will have an opportunity to argue about anything that is admissible.

Sillyme
Closed Thread