Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Thank you. But it's not going to happen. You are very bright, articulate and I do believe you will be a terrific paralegal. In my case, FRO is my only hope for getting what has been court-ordered. He has put me in a lot of debt. And that was before we went to Court. Also, he is remarried (Thank God) and has 2 children under the age of 2. He renovates his home, buys new cars, eats well, lives well - all while short paying CS. He also owes SS and has not paid a dime. So I look forward to FRO stepping in. The alternative (dealing w/him) is far worse. The best part is: I'm fairly certain he's going to tell FRO to go screw themselves. Yep. This will get pretty interesting. I have 2 male friends that have sole custody, and I know sooo many good dads. Married and Single. But my ex? He's hopeless and he really does deserve to have whatever can be thrown at him, thrown AT him.

Best of Luck with your studies. Your posts are always very intelligent and I enjoy reading them.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 AM

lorlaman is on a distinguished road

If you have an order for CS and SS, then bring a contempt motion to court against him. The longer you wait it out, the easier it is for him to prove you can manage without SS. You are digging your own hole.

Each bitter parent blames the other for their parenting skills or lack of. Be a mom to your son, not just a mother, you can't get the court to order a good relationship with his dad. Eventually and sadly, your son will make his own conclusions when he is old enough and sees through his dad's behavior. Don't, at all costs, extend your views of dad on your son and don't mention the non contact as you describe it and don't try to be a better parent so your son can take sides. You need to be a good parent to nurture your relationship with your son, not as an attack at his dad. If dad has more kids as you state, your son may see the difference in his relationship with his other kids compared to your son. Let your son decide the value of their relationship, based on his own opinion and experience, not yours. Your opinion on dad is already too bitter to positively help your son.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 AM

My son is not on this blog so I should be safe. Son is 13. Definitely intuitive. I don't need to say a word so I'm not sure why you jumped on that particular bandwagon. There's access and I don't stand in the way of any of that. Too Right - son will see for himself/decide on his own. That's another great thing about "access" - I am all for it. As for contempt motion - it doesn't work that way - it had to go to FRO. I had trial. Court sends order to FRO. And I wait. I can feel however I want about someone I spent 11 years with. You see bitter? Well try to "see" and "hear" that I'm grateful EVERY day that I got away from him. Anyway, this post was re: sole custody. I'm pretty sure you're not a relationship expert or a psychologist so really - why decide how my son is affected by my "bitterness." Hello. FYI: my son is great/happy/sweet and you don't know me. This has gone way off topic. Adios
Old 01-18-2012, 01:55 AM

Sorry for that last comment. In general terms I agree w/much of what you said. I don't try to get my son to feel as I do. He can/will make up his own mind. I have a very good, strong relationship with my son - I'm very fortunate.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
He has put me in a lot of debt. And that was before we went to Court. Also, he is remarried (Thank God) and has 2 children under the age of 2. He renovates his home, buys new cars, eats well, lives well - all while short paying CS. He also owes SS and has not paid a dime. So I look forward to FRO stepping in. The alternative (dealing w/him) is far worse. The best part is: I'm fairly certain he's going to tell FRO to go screw themselves. Yep. This will get pretty interesting. I have 2 male friends that have sole custody, and I know sooo many good dads. Married and Single. But my ex? He's hopeless and he really does deserve to have whatever can be thrown at him, thrown AT him.
Sorry, I should look up the meaning of 'bitter' before I answer foolishly.
Have a good night.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 AM

No. I'm sorry. I should be happy to have 250g of his debt. Wouldn't anyone be? Yes he's remarried - did you see "Thank God" ?? Sounds pretty positive to me. Nothing bitter about acknowledging that there ARE good dads out there. And yeah - he does deserve it - so while you're looking up definitions - look up "calling a spade, a spade" b/c that's all I've done. You have a good night too.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 AM

I wrote nothing in my first response that should have been taken offensively and if I offended you, I am sorry.
I was simply trying to point out, that your feelings of your ex, must be carefully kept in check due to the let me say; not so nice things you describe him as, and not to use the "B" word. It's easy to let your feelings take over. THAT'S ALL! I did not insinuate that you were guilty of what I wrote.

However, you keep coming back with more of the same:

Quote:
No. I'm sorry. I should be happy to have 250g of his debt. Wouldn't anyone be?
sarcasm?

Quote:
Yes he's remarried - did you see "Thank God" ?? Sounds pretty positive to me.
Yes I did see that, but in the context, it had a negative connotation

Quote:
Nothing bitter about acknowledging that there ARE good dads out there.
I understood that clearly but you really said there are good dad's out there, but your ex is definitely not one of them.

Quote:
And yeah - he does deserve it
enough said

bit·ter

   [bit-er] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun, verb, adverb
adjective 1. having a harsh, disagreeably acrid taste, like that of aspirin, quinine, wormwood, or aloes.

2. producing one of the four basic taste sensations; not sour, sweet, or salt.

3. hard to bear; grievous; distressful: a bitter sorrow.

4. causing pain; piercing; stinging: a bitter chill.

5. characterized by intense antagonism or hostility: bitter hatred.

None of the above definitions describe your emotions. I was wrong and again I apologize.

Closed Thread

Tags
alberta, amendments