This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in circumstances

Wow where to begin?? my husband has an almost 14 year old son who he has had no contact with for almost 2 years..here's the story.. this child did some very inappropriate sexual things to my much younger grandchildren..the mother was to get some councilling and it was agreed that "L" would not see us until he felt he was ready..he was very embarrassed even though he admitted everything to us and we assured him that we would never discuss the incident again..his mother is very controlling and has a problem over protecting her children (she has another child with a different father) ..she never did take him to councilling and has told us in a letter she sent us that rest assured as "L's" father if there was anything to be concerned about don't you think I would have told you" we have tried to contact this child many many times without any response..cards on special occasions etc without any response back at all..we feel that we can't "make "L" come for a visit or call us on the phone since he is at the age where he can make his own decisions..I do know that we could go to the courts and fight to see him but we never thought this would go on as long as it has. and as sad as it seems the hassle of having to deal with the ex has been very draining over the past few years...she has told us that he has gotten braces during the summer but never has asked us for any form of payment..my husband has coverage through his work and we are afraid that if time goes on it may be too late to apply for it is there a cut off for that? can she come after us down the road?..another problem is that my husband works in the automotive industry and everyone knows how the layoffs and such is these days..he has been cut down to 2 days a week and because last year was such a great year, tons of overtime etc our cs payments are going to be way over our head..we have no problem in providing support in any shape or form but what happens if we can't pay our own bills?? what then? if the child wants nothing to do with us are we still obligated to pay full support for that child?..I know that this is so not normal but we need to know what to do or what not to do..thanks
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X