Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernenedStepMom78 View Post
DOes anybody know how I leave the Forum I tried to look it up but to no avail?
Don't let frustration make you do something that won't help you or make you feel any better.

Gary
Old 01-06-2011, 04:17 PM

ConcernenedStepMom78 is on a distinguished road

No I actually do really want to leave the forum, is there anyone that knows how I can?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:17 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
DOes anybody know how I leave the Forum I tried to look it up but to no avail?
Unfortunately, you don't just close the a/c. Your posts survive. You might be able to convince a mod to delete them, but that's not for sure.

The way to leave is to not come back.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:18 PM

lumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The point was to post an article that was extremely informative of a messed up system. I was hoping that each of you could gain your own personal insight from it, and that was my ONLY interntion.

I think that we all read it and got a different insight from you. We have debated this point before and we disagree. If you wish to leave the forum because you posted an article that was debated and everyone didn't agree with you, then I wish you luck in the future.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM

I am again sorry for offending anyone and taking a stance, I wish yyou all the best of luck in your family litiations.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM

ConcernedDad71 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
Unfortunately, you don't just close the a/c. Your posts survive. You might be able to convince a mod to delete them, but that's not for sure.

The way to leave is to not come back.

I'm insulted at the abuse here, and directed to someone only trying to help and trying to raise awareness, she has not attacked anyone in hostility.

I heard once that a typical Canadian is someone who can complain and complain and complain but do nothing about it. That we're all passive aggressive, and dtte you most certainly come off aggressively

I loved listening to this thread, makes me laugh. StepMom has not said a rude thing to anyone here, only try and spark change in a most outdated and non working family court.

And what you just said, was uncalled for as this forum is to help, not abuse others and thrash your own uncontrollable anger problems.

A mind is like an umbrella, it only works when it is open.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am again sorry for offending anyone and taking a stance, I wish yyou all the best of luck in your family litiations.
You didn't offend me at all. Believe it or not, I do like you.

But I also believe you are starting to define yourself by this stuff. Obviously I don't know what you do outside of this place, so that may sound quite crass.

One of the pearls of wisdom I got from the FLIC lawyer four years ago when my litigation started in reference to our involvement in the court was:

"You are now in a life changing situation. Don't let it become a life defining situation."

Please think about that.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedDad71 View Post

I'm insulted at the abuse here, and directed to someone only trying to help and trying to raise awareness, she has not attacked anyone in hostility.

I heard once that a typical Canadian is someone who can complain and complain and complain but do nothing about it. That we're all passive aggressive, and dtte you most certainly come off aggressively

I loved listening to this thread, makes me laugh. StepMom has not said a rude thing to anyone here, only try and spark change in a most outdated and non working family court.

And what you just said, was uncalled for as this forum is to help, not abuse others and thrash your own uncontrollable anger problems.

A mind is like an umbrella, it only works when it is open.
Sometimes the truth hurts Dad. And no one is being abusive.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:32 PM

In all actuality DDTE everything in my life has been a defining situation. Outside of this forum I attend University and take care of a large household, I read, I learn, I study and I grow. If there is one thing I want to be it is a LAWYER to fight for childrens rights and change.

There is not one moment in my life that has not defined who I am and who I want to be, and I am proud, of who I am and who I have I become.

Being through divorce and watchimg my stepchildren and my own children endure the hardships of divorce and messed up systems only makes me want to fight that much harder, to fight for kids.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

I don't think anyone is being abusive, nor do I think anyone wants to insult or otherwise upset your wife.

I know that I am growing concerned with what I percieve as an inability on both of your parts, but moreso hers, to let go of the past and look ahead. I believe that this inability will cost you everything.

Of course, a large part of the problem is that text-based communication is only 10% or so effective - none of us know what the others really mean...

I was the one who PM'd DTTE and said I was concerned that if CSM78 didn't change her outlook it could damage your case. I did that because I care.

It simply appears to us as if you're not getting what we're trying to tell you. Then again, nothing says that you have to get it: We're just a bunch of losers too

Cheers!

Gary
Closed Thread