Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 PM

AdTheDad is on a distinguished road
Question Amending a Statement of Claim

Hi,

When I first filled after a year of my wife asking for a divorce (about 19 times in 9 months alone), I filled according to those circumstances. With 5 kids and a wife who has been trying to alienate my kids against me, things have certainly changed.

We have been now in almost a dozen case management and other non-trial court dates since then. We were ordered to trial in August, and while I wait her Legal Aid lawyer to do the documents (I'm self-represented), I am wondering if I should amend my Statement of Claim to be more accurate of my current position.

I would appreciate anyone's pre-trial experiences.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdTheDad View Post
Hi,

When I first filled after a year of my wife asking for a divorce (about 19 times in 9 months alone), I filled according to those circumstances. With 5 kids and a wife who has been trying to alienate my kids against me, things have certainly changed.

We have been now in almost a dozen case management and other non-trial court dates since then. We were ordered to trial in August, and while I wait her Legal Aid lawyer to do the documents (I'm self-represented), I am wondering if I should amend my Statement of Claim to be more accurate of my current position.

I would appreciate anyone's pre-trial experiences.
I believe you have to do it on Trial Management Cong or Purge Court date as latest...
Old 11-10-2011, 02:52 AM

AdTheDad is on a distinguished road

I found out that amendments are really just for errors, not for added information or to change the Statement of Claim...
Closed Thread

Tags
alienate, self-represented, trial