X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to a Counterclaim

My ex filed a Claim,
    I filed a Response to a Claim

I filed a Counterclaim against her. Ex responded with a Response to a Counterclaim.

Months later, ex files in court the same Response to Counterclaim and with the words Amended to it. and adds some blurb at the bottom.
    Since this is not a normal court form and she has made her own, How do you respond to that ?

Do I file a Response to a Counterclaim Amended version and put in my response ? I want the court to have my response on the file, regardless of whether a judge will look at it or not. When it's time for us to go to a hearing, then I will file Affidavits and attach my evidence. ex is making a mess out of court paperwork and I don't know how a judge will read this.

Add an Affidavit.

Comment

This is interesting. When x Responded to Counterclaim, ex did it within 30 days. that is fine. But now ex comes back 3 months later and revises the same form from 3 months ago and adds an Amendment. Why would the court accept this? ex had 30 days to respond. Ex responded. Time is up. How cane ex come now and revise the the response and add More stuff to it. The court procedure is one must file a response within 30 days of claim. It says that on the court form. Ex is not following court process, but what is worse, the Court clerks accepted it. If I were the judge I would say you had you chance to respond and I'm not going to consider your amendment.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X