This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer and past clients/cases

Anyone actually know or asked their lawyer regarding other clients in the past, other cases, outcomes, if they have gone to trial, how many times, the outcome etc? Exactly how long they have been in practise ( i guess besides looking at a diploma in their office lol)

I met with one other lawyer before settling on the one I have retained. My current lawyer was recommended to me by another lawyer (mostly does real estate) who's opinion I value.

However, I see nothing wrong about asking a family law practitioner for references and imagine that a good lawyer should have nothing to hide with respect to previous clients - within the bounds of client/solicitor confidentiality...

Comment

I approached my lawyer with some case's that were similair to my own hoping to figure out my next steps, and she talked about a similar case where the outcome resulted in the death of the child at the centre of the custody/access dispute.

I can't describe what effect that had on me.

My lawyer also talked a lot about herself and how she wants to "be known" more for mediation as opposed to litigation.

If only my ex felt the same way. LOL!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X