Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket motions - how long?

Hi,

I understand that basket motions will be looked at whenever a judge has the time to do so, but does anyone have a general sense of how long on average it could take before a judge can review and decide? I realize it depends on number of files, number of cases, etc, but...

also depends on the judge, usually a week or less and then another week to 10 days or so for them to mail you out the endorsment in my experience.

Comment

thank you!

And would the judge be the same as the one who was assigned to our first case conference? Or would it be any judge who has time?

Comment

typically the same judge unless they move the case to another judge.

Comment

thanks!
          It went out mid october, but i still havent heard anything - is this unusually long to wait?

Comment

in my limited experience yes, its quite long to wait. i submitted one on Oct 24th, judge approved it on 26th, they mailed it out on Nov 6th and i got it on the 8th of Nov.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X