Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:37 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone. It really is an odd punishment for the "crime". Both kids have ipods at our house and at Mom's... they don't take them back and forth (whole other story). The kids are already limited to 2 hours of screen time a day on their ipod/computers. Half the time they are here they spend more time playing board games and forget about their ipods, but this weekend we have to make a drive to attend their cousin's birthday party. Usually on car rides we will allow them to play them until they die, especially if it is a long one.

Dad and I have talked about it more and I don't think he is willing to follow through with it, given the circumstances. He doesn't like that S9 lied to him Mom so what he plans on doing is having a discussion about lying and then having S9 right a letter to his mom about why lying is not okay and apologize for lying.

Dad got another text last night ranting about not sticking behind her and that things happen and she can't always discuss them with Dad before she makes a punishment. I don't agree with that. I remember growing up if we did something wrong, we were told here would be a punishment but we had to wait for our Dad to come home so Mom could talk to him about it.

The kids already help with the laundry here, plus dishes, cleaning etc. We don't believe in using these as punishments. They are household chores that need done and we all chip in and do them. The kids are really good at doing them and don't complain... often they argue about who gets to vacuum.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

This is totally her trying to screw with your time.