No announcement yet.

Need help with Military Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah don't take it personally - just an observation. Too often I see people 'speculating' about things without facts/data.

Courts make decisions based on facts. That is all. Yeah I'm a bitch.

Comment

good enuf. respect

Comment

if it is included on line 150 ... then yes it is used for child support purposes.
        Well answered.

Comment

If it is on line 150 of their NoA, it would included when determining C/S. I disagree that it is a large difference. For one child in Ontario, it works out to $61 a month difference in C/S, or $732 a year, or about 2-3 hours of your lawyers time.

Comment

8,000=77 a month of child support!

lawyer=250+ an hour=3.25 months of that extra child support!

Working 6hrs a month more min wage and earning it! Priceless!

Waiting till you have NOA...worth the wait.
            Last edited by good_mom; 05-09-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

i dont know much about any of this. that IS why i asked a simple question. so i am awaiting a reply from a friend who gets LDA if it was included on line 150. and the difference is $572 a month thank you. I dont have any of their tax returns so i dont know if it is included in line 150. THAT is why i asked. No harm in that, and I'm not being as rude as you at all
              and I'm sorry I have 3 children to look after by myself because my ex thought getting someone else pregnant the same time as me was a good idea. no, i am not doing this as payback! I'm doing this to support my 3 children and one on the way which is their responsibility to pay the correct amount in accordance to their income. Again, thank you for your answer, i never put a notion out there that i didnt appreciate it. and as for being a 27 yr old, i do not nor have i ever said i had ANY experience in any of this. that's why there are the threads. to get help and answers... NOT to get cut down by anyone.

Comment

oh, before you assume there's only one child, maybe get some more facts straight for you to throw crap at me have a good one

Comment

one more thing and I'll stop trying to defend myself and my questions. I'm all for raising the children jointly. it is not my fault they do not want to be involved with the children. which are all his btw. i have asked numerous times for a copy of a tax assessment to see if that would be included in line 150 to no avail. that was why i was asking. again, no harm and I was never being rude unless you take my defending myself and my actions and questions as a type of rudeness. none of my friends are telling me anything to do with any of this as i have not asked any friends except that one friend about his previous tax return if it was in line 150 or not. i am just starting out in this new journey in my life where it is just the children and i, no other parents role who wants to be involved. so i would really appreciate your rudeness, lack of empathy and assumption of what you think my situation is to be lacking in any future posts. I was looking for a couple general answers not for someone to judge what they think is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mehmehmeh View Post
                    and the difference is $572 a month thank you. I dont have any of their tax returns so i dont know if it is included in line 150.
                    I'm not cutting you down in anyway, I am actually trying to help. No where in your posts did you mention 3 kids, so I based the calculation off 1 child.

That said, it isn't $572 a month. It is $126 a month, basing off the income you mentioned of $80k vs $88k. $572x12=$6864, is also more then your ex would net a yet of that amount, which isn't the way it works.

Child Support Table Look-up

This is more and I'd guess worth going after as it is about $1500 a year. Send a registered letter requesting a copy of his NoA once it is available. Know that, just because taxes are supposed to be filed, receiving the NoA from the government can time, which is why most agreements/orders speak to exchanging NoA's bu July 1.

Once you receive his NoA, plug the numbers in the c/s calculator and send a consent to adjust to the appropriate amount going forward. If he balks, file a motion. You will likely win costs as it is a cut and dry matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mehmehmeh View Post
                      oh, before you assume there's only one child, maybe get some more facts straight for you to throw crap at me have a good one
                      Garbage in, garbage out. If you'd provide the details we need to provide accurate information, you'd get accurate information.

Comment

80,000 child support 3 kids=1530

86,000 child support 3 kids 1625

a difference of 95.

We are not here to be your friends...yes it is sad that a parent does not step up and be a parent.

Yes, CS is for the child and yes it should be paid.

If you are going to pay a lawyer to get this what is it worth?

If it is part of the other parents NOA on line 150 then great...that is what you need what is included in that is not really important, nor any of you business.

He may have had the option to bank it in extra time off and that is why it is not in his line 150 as he has not taken it. Once he takes the time he gets the pay.

Getting NOA's can be handed through legal request but don't let the bill be rang up on endless useless communication that will cost you.

You want to move on then do it. Now, yes, you will be offended by my next question.

Are you presently employed? What are you doing to support the children?

We are not here to say poor, poor you all the time...we are here to give you a reality check.

I've had it done many times on here and it is an awakening but necessary, it helps put perspective on the facts and leave out the emotion.

Being a parents is a lifetime commitment and one must think that you may at sometime end up going at it alone...things happen, people have done it alone after a spouse has died. That is a chance we all take.

You do what you do and move forward...the other parent is responsible for their relationship with the children and that belongs to them.

Keep in mind you are not on Facebook!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X