Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr View Post
Ex is being very demanding about having me release my SIN, banking and even credit card info to her - she is saying FRO needs it...

...Ex is threatening to "take this back to court" unless I give her the info she wants, (fro hasn't starting giving her the cheques apparently) and is...
Your ex is a nut job in this case...ignore it.

As others have suggested already, if FRO requires info from you, they will contact you. I know you said you were already in touch with them at least once (by fax?), but if you haven't yet, and you want to help facilitate this, call them, and talk to an agent directly (or have them call you back), saying you want to confirm they have all the information they require from you, and you want to verify.

If they say yes, send your ex a registered letter, or an email stating (in writing) that you have followed up with FRO, and FRO confirms that they have all the information they require from you, so you consider your involvement in this matter closed for now. Then leave it at that.

Let her take you to court, if she wants. She won't.

Last edited by dad2bandm; 05-06-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr View Post
Ex is being very demanding about having me release my SIN, banking and even credit card info to her - she is saying FRO needs it...
Do not provide any of this info to her directly. I assume you both exchange your tax returns or NOAs (notices of assessment), each year? If so, she would have your SIN already, unless you black it out. I always black my SIN out, before providing tax info to ex. She does not require it.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 PM

mcr is on a distinguished road

I black out my SIN on the NOA as well - as well as RRSP contributions as well - she doesn't need that info as far as I'm concerned.

as an FYI to all who responded, FRO did call and ask for my SIN to get things moving along - they had no need for any extra banking info like my ex was stating.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 PM

FaithandMorals is an unknown quantity at this point

Simple to me.

She says FRO needs the info.

Get her to provide a copy of letter from FRO to her stating they need your info from her.

Alternatively have her show you where is says that FRO needs this info from you and how they would have informed her of this.

Put your request in writing and state that you will ignore any further requests for your SIN to be sent to FRO until she complies.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 PM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Actually the information she is requesting is part of the registration package that FRO sent her, or she is being proactive and completing it before they actually send it out to her.

Ontario Central Forms Repository - Form Identification

If you have a court order indicating support to be paid, it should of been paid directly to the recipient as of the date of the order until the initial FRO letter is received, the upon receipt of that letter and case number yon begin to pay FRO directly. Only once the letter has been received would you have a monetary penalty for paying the recipient directly. FRO will typically release any funds received to the recipient within a day or two once they have received it from either the payor directly or through garnishment.

You could just simply state that you have provided FRO with the necessary details they require. She can leave the info she doesn't know blank on the form.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 PM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Last edited by OhMy; 05-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.