Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road
Default Royal winter fair

It's on! Been here for 3 days - my drug addict kidlet dashed thru her physics and calculus midterms, and we trailered in her horse to compete..

If you have a chance bring your kidlets down, it's the best of the best and there are some amazing displays! (Plus there is rosti)

Arabian - have never seen any here, all warmbloods, thoroughbreds and some big honking westphalians

Ps msmom, if you read this, do consider staying as an active poster, quite a few of us have created a subculture via pm and email
And as PH reminded me, some posters just aren't worth the effort.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:37 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

a friend of mine shows cattle at the royal
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 PM

takeontheworld has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post

Ps msmom, if you read this, do consider staying as an active poster, quite a few of us have created a subculture via pm and email
And as PH reminded me, some posters just aren't worth the effort.
Ohhh neat...its like highschool cliques all over again...lame-o.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:42 PM

I wonder if I could hide a Clydesdale in my purse and bring one home? They are too cute ...
Standing I went thru the cattle area this morning, they are more anal than we are about cleaning our horses/ they vacuum their cows.
And if you stall here, in the mornings you can see the "cow parade" early every morning when honey come down the street ,,, it's hilarious to watch.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Congratulations McDreamy...those are hard subjects and they say there's a real gender gap with women in math and science so its especially something for her to be proud of accomplishing. I'm not close enough for the winter fair but it sounds awesome. Its getting a lot colder here this weekend but I just got back inside from trying to get ready for a 10k charity run in my area for December. My bf is putting up with me running at my crappy pace beside him while I try to get better. I'd rather be at the fair.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wonder if I could hide a Clydesdale in my purse and bring one home? They are too cute ...
Standing I went thru the cattle area this morning, they are more anal than we are about cleaning our horses/ they vacuum their cows.
And if you stall here, in the mornings you can see the "cow parade" early every morning when honey come down the street ,,, it's hilarious to watch.
I know its crazy, washing, clipping and all the other stuff to get animal ready for a show. I know that my friend is always saying how tired she is after a big show.

hmmm you must have a pretty big purse to hide one of those draft horses. I feel like a midget beside one of them.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:26 PM

I'm sure she is exhausted, I know I am. Today is our last day and when I get home tonight I'll sleep for the next 2/ She's probably on our schedule, stay to the end to night feed at 9 and then up at 4 and back for 5 am to clean muck braid and warmup, We drop dead at the hotel every night - but it's a good tired I'm glad we went this way with her extracurricular but I can't think straight right now .

PH - certainly not something I would have done but she's always been a math kid (and I've never been able to help her with homework, lol).
I just asked, she says math and physics are far more boys, but chem and bio are half /half)

Last edited by mcdreamy; 11-02-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Argh. Stupid phone and typos ..
Old 11-02-2013, 03:38 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm sure she is exhausted, I know I am. Today is our last day and when I get home tonight I'll sleep for the next 2/ She's probably on our schedule, stay to the end to night feed at 9 and then up at 4 and back for 5 am to clean muck braid and warmup, We drop dead at the hotel every night - but it's a good tired I'm glad we went this way with her extracurricular but I can't think straight right now .

PH - certainly not something I would have done but she's always been a math kid (and I've never been able to help her with homework, lol).
I just asked, she says math and physics are far more boys, but chem and bio are half /half)
What an experience for her! You also must be incredibly proud.

My daughter rides horses as well, although nothing close to this level. She's also a math wiz and a science nut. Dreaming of vet school one day.

And, I'm here to participate in the school-like cliques, for now. For the most part, this is group of incredibly intelligent adults and I do enjoy that.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Serious? Where does she ride? ( pm me..lol). We might know some of the same people, I've been on this crazy train for 12 years!
And I still love coming out to the barns and hanging with the animals, it's the first thing we do on Xmas morn_ hot mash apples and muck stalls
Old 11-02-2013, 06:56 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

It sounds like a wonderful event!

Brings back memories of years spent showing. Early mornings, grooming, cleaning tack etc. - lots and lots of work.

Nice life. Good on you!
Closed Thread