No announcement yet.

Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we went today and the lawyer couldn't make it in because of weather, so we have to go back next week. Problem with filing is it will cost money, which she doesn't have and nor do we to lend to her. He has been asking her all day to call him and she has been refusing, stating he can message her to figure things out.

Unfortunately you are right, it is hard to talk to a 19 year old. She is scare of court (and rightfully so). I don't know if any of the posters reading recall me telling a story of my cousins who has their mother leave their abusive father and for years never spoke to their mother due to their father's lies and manipulation of the court. She is scared she is going to lose her son like she lost her mother.

Comment

That's understandable, however the alternative is living like this for the rest of her life. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        That's understandable, however the alternative is living like this for the rest of her life. :-(
        That's the sad part... she is thinking short term. I was so disappointed when the legal aid lawyer was not there today. Obviously understand because the weather has been beating us up, but it was the perfect opportunity because her head was in it. Now another week of trying to keep her in it.

She is trying to set up a visit with the Dad this weekend, as its his birthday. I suggested the library as he is not welcome in our house, but maybe if supervised access is the way to go, we should think about allowing him here under our supervision?

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
          That's the sad part... she is thinking short term. I was so disappointed when the legal aid lawyer was not there today. Obviously understand because the weather has been beating us up, but it was the perfect opportunity because her head was in it. Now another week of trying to keep her in it.

She is trying to set up a visit with the Dad this weekend, as its his birthday. I suggested the library as he is not welcome in our house, but maybe if supervised access is the way to go, we should think about allowing him here under our supervision?

If you're willing to have this unpleasant person in your home, I think that would be very generous of you to offer. This would also let you see how he interacts with the baby. The library is a good idea, but given the baby's age, there's not a lot to do (he could read books with or to an older child).

Keeping a teenager on track - about anything - is a challenge. When the teenager is also a parent and a child's well-being is at stake, it must be a huge challenge.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X