Moving Radius and Transportation Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Radius and Transportation Cost

I currently have sole custody of my son and there is currently a stipulation in our agreement where I am not allowed to move 100km away from my town. I am going to be getting a job in Ottawa which is 150km away from my town. I mentioned my desire to move to my ex with the intention to increase the radius to 150km and in return would allow my ex to take our son for 40 more hours a month which is something they have been wanting.

Now my ex is saying they will only do it if I pay for half of the travel costs.

My son is currently doing online schooling which he can continue in Ottawa. There is absolutely nothing solidifying him staying here as the ex lives in a different town 25km away (in the same direction of Ottawa)

Is there any legal obligation for me to pay for the travel costs if not stated in the current order?

If you choose to move then yes she can ask to have her travel costs covered. Or you can drive to her or you can meet halfway.

This move is to benefit you not her and she doesn’t have to change the agreement if she doesn’t have to.

Look at the different cost options and where you may live and decide what your cheapest option is compared to fighting it out in court. Judges are hesitant to change a “routine” for the child especially if it takes the kid away from a parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

How little access do they have now?

How much are moving costs?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X