When to submit a Factum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to submit a Factum?

I was wondering if someone could clarify as to when a factum should be submitted. My understanding was it when a motion was brought. Reason I ask is I'm self representing and the last case conference I had the judge mentioned it and gave me a 'how to write a factum' sheet. I have another case conference coming up in a few weeks time and was wondering if I need to submit a factum for this? Is that not what a case conference brief is for?

And since I'm on the topic of factums maybe someone could also clarify something for me. I understand the factum is a brief concerning the issues at hand and that it is only for that motion and is destroyed afterwards. But is there an overall case factum, that is something in say the continuing record whereby all the facts of your case are? I feel like I haven't really had a chance in which to do that. My answer was merely a refute of claims by the applicant in her application. I was wondering where and when I get to submit evidence I may have as well as my side of things or if there even is such a time and place for that.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X