This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio judge tells man he's still legally dead

This guy gives a new meaning to "dead-beat dad"....

Man's request for a reversal of the death ruling denied

Robin Miller said her former husband vanished because he owed big child support payments and that the overdue payments had totalled $26,000 by 1994, The (Findlay) Courier reported.
    So now he can't apply for a driver's license or collect social security.

Maybe the FRO should start declaring dead-beats to be dead.

Let me sign my dead beat ex up.

Comment

An excellent idea. Lets also get a national dental registry (or something similar) to help track these losers.

Comment

Tread carefully... It seems he had lost his job. As we are all now that doesn't change the amount of CS you need to pay. If I lost my current job, it would be almost impossible to find another one with this high pay, I make well over the standard for this job. By the time this effing court system would do something I would be many thousands of arrears. Would that make me a deadbeat?
        This guy was not just unemployed, but alcoholic. Getting into an addiction is a choice, getting out of it not necessarily, and it seems he did what he could to get out of the deep ditch he was in. If I had an addiction and thousand of cs arrears I would disappear too. That would be the best for everybody, even for my child.
        So stop bashing him for the arrears without knowing the whole story.

Walking around as a legally dead is interesting for sure.

Comment

If you do not make any attempt to pay then, in my opinion, you are indeed a deadbeat. FRO and MEP consider deadbeats as those who do not make arrangements (and/or stick to them) to repay arrears.

Comment

How about we aim for instilling the character required into boys so that when they become men, they do the right thing?

I'm against any sort of further impingement on the publics privacy.

Comment

^good point - I'd have to agree with you.

Hard to balance things sometimes.

Hard to play by the rules when one doesn't agree with the objects of the game. I think that is what many gripe about. We hate the divorce act unless it pays off for us.... Everyone is quick to spout off about case law, but hate it when case law clearly shows likeliness of winning or losing.

Always, always about the money.

Comment

Back to the original post...

The guy who was declared to be dead resurfaces. Bankruptcy won't wipe out his arrears (at least in Canada) so he might have to get a job and make an attempt to pay some of his debt.

He will probably get a medical certificate and go on disability. This way the taxpayers pay the bill and the ex won't have to repay anything.

In Canada I don't believe you can collect your CPP (at least not all of it) if you have support arrears. Same goes for any sort of CRA debt.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                  I don't think anybody with half a brain will disagree with that Some of us that actually give a toss about our kids, and had to go the length to get that equal time, already do that anyway.......

In the same breath, how about we aim for instilling self-esteem, self sufficiency, discouraging entitlement mentality, being independent into GIRLS, so they can become WOMEN who further break that glass ceiling???
                  You know what....I think you might have a bigger distaste for women receiving ss than I.

Comment

Oh you guys get over it.

CS is just SS in disguise isn't it? All of it is some form of support in the end.

If CS went directly into an educational fund then I think it would be true CS. When everyone in a household benefits from CS it gets kind of watered down don't you think?

Of course I'm not saying for one minute that CS shouldn't exist. I just get a tad tired of the anti-SS whiner statements. If it makes you feel better that you give/receive CS and no SS then I guess that's a good thing. Whatever makes you feel better than anyone else....

Comment

It could just as easily be suggested to you to "get over it."

We understand that you are a SS receiver, and it makes sense that you would take negative comments personally.

The internet is a harsh place and if you can't handle negative comments, you might be better off watching tv.

Comment

Mess:

Thank you so much for your tutorial on the harshness of the internet. I will put it with the rest of your previous so-called advice to me.

Are WE to understand that you are a payor? Therefore it would make sense that you would be a tad prickly about my remarks.

I suggest that you take your own advice and perhaps watch more tv yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                          Mess:

Thank you so much for your tutorial on the harshness of the internet. I will put it with the rest of your previous so-called advice to me.

Are WE to understand that you are a payor? Therefore it would make sense that you would be a tad prickly about my remarks.

Seeing as im neither a payor or payee Im most unbiased...Oinks original statement makes very good sense. We teach our daughters to do for themselves. We teach by doing. Ladies who seek and are awarded ss, what are your daughters seeing? Shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                            Mess:

Interesting how after telling other people to "get over it" you are so sensitive and defensive when being told to yourself.

I will give your advice the attention it deserves, as usual.

Comment

Stupidity knows no boundaries. Somebody hit my vehicle yesterday and left while I was in the grocery store.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X