Ex refusing to pay for braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
    Soooo you assume that because "your man" makes good money....that all men must make the same good money? I HAVE NO MONEY....I give ALL my disposal income to my ex wife. I eat only can food....no fresh fruit or vegetables...only can for me......then have to explain to my kids as they eat some better food why daddy eats something different. They already know that daddy has no money...

By the way...I am a single father...I dont have someone helping me pay the mortgage, heat, light etc.... I assume you help your husband with those things?

Yes I know....our shotty law says this.....cant wait till I am in front of a judge again....cant wait.... where is the money coming from? I have no idea. 2 jobs aint cutting it. But yet the deadbeat mother is allowed to stay at home while I pay her mortgage, food, vacations etc....

yes I should have never gotten married...better planning... MGTOW

In case you were not aware CS is based on income, so while my husband “makes good money” his CS reflects that, if he didn’t “make good money” his Cs would reflect that as well. So whether someone “makes good money” or not, their Cs is set to reflect their income. My husband pays about 15% of his income in CS, that leaves 85% in our household. We don’t have disposable income either but that’s okay, he decided to have children and I decided to have a child with him, so we are well aware our income goes towards our children. As parents isn’t that what you work for? Your children? If you can’t afford your support there is something wrong with you, not the system. You need to look for ways to reduce your bills so you can afford to support your children. If you owe S.S. then you must have a decent income, especially if what you pay your ex means she can afford all these vacations. Don’t cry poor because you made poor decisions and married someone who doesn’t work. You’re not poor, you just have bills like every other parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

His spouse should be putting the kids on her benefits. I did it not for the kids but because it reduces my partners contribution to the cost.

Reminder that these costs are for the kids not the parent. Your ex isnt getting braces, your child is.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        His spouse should be putting the kids on her benefits. I did it not for the kids but because it reduces my partners contribution to the cost.

Reminder that these costs are for the kids not the parent. Your ex isnt getting braces, your child is.

Does the portion your benefits cover come off the top or just off what your partner pays?

Comment

It gets submitted to hers, they pay a portion. Then his, they pay a portion. Then mine.

For instance, expenses are $2000. Hers covers $1000, his $500, mine $500. I could simply keep it secret and keep the $500 while he pays his 40% of the $500 but that would be fraud and I don’t want to put that energy out there.

Comment

It gets submitted to hers, they pay a portion. Then his, they pay a portion. Then mine.

For instance, expenses are $2000. Hers covers $1000, his $500, mine $500. I could simply keep it secret and keep the $500 while he pays his 40% of the $500 but that would be fraud and I don’t want to put that energy out there.

That’s what I thought... my cousins ex doesn’t think so and said her ex had his new partner take the kids off her benefits, but she’s certain they are still on them. My step kids are covered u see mine as well and S13 needs braces, my plans is the only one that covers the braces so it will all be submitted to my plan and then the rest shared

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
              In case you were not aware CS is based on income, so while my husband “makes good money” his CS reflects that, if he didn’t “make good money” his Cs would reflect that as well. So whether someone “makes good money” or not, their Cs is set to reflect their income. My husband pays about 15% of his income in CS, that leaves 85% in our household. We don’t have disposable income either but that’s okay, he decided to have children and I decided to have a child with him, so we are well aware our income goes towards our children. As parents isn’t that what you work for? Your children? If you can’t afford your support there is something wrong with you, not the system. You need to look for ways to reduce your bills so you can afford to support your children. If you owe S.S. then you must have a decent income, especially if what you pay your ex means she can afford all these vacations. Don’t cry poor because you made poor decisions and married someone who doesn’t work. You’re not poor, you just have bills like every other parent.

You live on Saturn? I earn $105K a year, I pay SS and CS. I married a working woman. She decided to not work anymore...to look after kids. I wish women were slaves of men...but they are not. I as any man can not control a woman to work or not. With that said, court decided I must pay her mid range....thus I am left with enough money to buy food, heat, light, a little for RESP, basic activates for the kids, Insurance and mortgage. Today I work for my ex wife....she takes that money and spends on herself and little on the kids. If I had control over the money I earned....those kids would be sitting pretty....best of everything.

Frustrating that women refuse to see the other side and "assume" the man is stupid...burning his money away.... LOL I EAT CANNED FOOD AND ONLY CANNED FOOD!!! My medicince to stay alive costs $500/mth....I shop at value village!! I went to school for several years to look forward to be indebted to my ex wife as a slave for the remainder of my life. Women everywhere rejoice!! Sick society! Your sick people.

Teeth? I have two cracked teeth that need work....bet you would think I would get those fixed before my daughters now dont you.... thats sick. You need help.

Any judge that takes more than half a mans salary away and then expects him to continue the life style and means to support children is also sick. I am require to continue to support the lifestyle of my ex... But hey...we have a prime minister that loves women, takes his shirt off at every chance he gets, supports women rights, abortion, terrorism, getting high and giving free money to single Moms already makes $50K + from their ex husbands.... and always has that "I am so great" smirk on his face.... With that kind of society that voted for him....no wonder I fail to reach any logic on this forum. Just like Justine Truedoe....everyone on hear seems to think that $50K, no down payment, no savings and two children is wealthy in a major city in Canada and that money is everywhere...thus all expenses should be paid.

This country is sick!

Comment

As we have said to you before, YOU were an equal part of the decision for her to stay home year after year. You made your bed...

Comment

As we have said to you before, YOU were an equal part of the decision for her to stay home year after year. You made your bed...

Useless to even try Rockscan... typical S.S. payor response... they never “agree” for the wife to stay home yet they allow it and support wife for years and then cry how unfair the system is.

If my husband made a decision without talking to me about it and us both agreeing to it we wouldn’t be married very long. If he decided to stay home or quit his “well paying” job I would 100% disagree and if he still did this, we would be divorcing. I certainly wouldn’t allow it for years and then complain about it. Be responsible for your actions.

You make over $100k a year, if you can’t afford life you’re doing something wrong

Comment

SS is 100% taxable to your ex (and 100% deductible to you).

"...If I had control over the money I earned....those kids would be sitting pretty....best of everything...."

Really? I glean from you post that CONTROL is a big deal to you. Well... guess what..... you don't have control anymore.

When your wife "decided not to work anymore" where were you? Come on, admit it, you were pumped up and likely bragging to your friends that the little woman was at home with the kids. (There is nothing wrong with being proud of supporting one's family.)

Reality is that you are now not with the little woman anymore. Your ex is going to make mistakes and gosh.... spend some money on herself.

You are a very bitter individual. You simply hate women unless they are in service to you.

Your choice to eat poorly (canned as opposed to fresh food) is your lot in life and if you lived a healthier lifestyle perhaps you could reduce your medications? Same goes with your broken teeth. Some people have to have their teeth pulled out and go to dentures. Reality. You make choices and you have to live with them. Move to a cheaper location, look at alternative transportation. Or you could look at getting a second job? I work 50+ hours a week. I'm probably much older than you are. What's keeping you from working another job?

Comment

Typical Payees.....you "let her stay home".....you "picked her"......even though you can not force a wife/partner to work....after the tears of "I can't leave my baby in daycare"......who still doesn't return to work after kids in school.

Only solution would be divorce which what causes the money problem in the first place.

My ex couldn't work, but managed weekly trips to BF, and another failed marriage. Now collects cats and WORKS. No change in what I pay her.

I was very successful and that almost cost me everything. My survival had nothing to do with Family Law.

Grownups should be taking care of themselves. Paying her "share" with money she gets in SS and CS is not paying her share.

My divorce isn't final to me until I finish payments at the end of the next decade. MGTOW.....marriage was the stupidest thing I ever did.

Comment

I love how these poor unfortunate men who are bled dry want their ex to take responsibility meanwhile they refuse to do so themselves.

You contributed to the decision. You let it continue. Coming here bemoaning the situation just demonstrates your weakness and lack of responsibility.

This is the first thing I say to my partner when he complains. You chose her. You had children with her. You stayed with her. You didn’t fight harder for what was rightfully yours. You believed her when she said she would be reasonable. All of this bs is now on you. We work together to fight for what is right but I refuse to listen to any sob story from him.

Comment

Originally posted by piggybanktoex View Post
                          Typical Payees.....you "let her stay home".....you "picked her"......even though you can not force a wife/partner to work....after the tears of "I can't leave my baby in daycare"......who still doesn't return to work after kids in school.

Only solution would be divorce which what causes the money problem in the first place.

My ex couldn't work, but managed weekly trips to BF, and another failed marriage. Now collects cats and WORKS. No change in what I pay her.

I was very successful and that almost cost me everything. My survival had nothing to do with Family Law.

Grownups should be taking care of themselves. Paying her "share" with money she gets in SS and CS is not paying her share.

My divorce isn't final to me until I finish payments at the end of the next decade. MGTOW.....marriage was the stupidest thing I ever did.

You could have divorced years ago and only be on the hook for CS and not S.S... you staying and now having to pay SS is YOUR fault not the systems fault. It took two for her to stay home, her for wanting it and you for allowing it/staying. So man up and take your part of the responsibility. Or are you complaining about supporting your children as well? I sure hope not.

Comment

My children were/are very well care for financially thanks to me. All grown up now with very good father/child relationships. 50/50 when kids. And I paid for all the braces.

Once her future was set due to minimum of $150+K/year from me (she never faced poverty or the street) and the paid off house, she continued to try for everything else, regardless that it would ruin me. Too entitled to see that if I was ruined, there would be no money for anyone in our fractured family.

And yes, it was her fault to chose to try and take everything (which was actual possible in my case). She didn't earn any of it, but she felt entitled to it all.

Because she could and that was simply not fair. Thankfully she failed, and had/has to somehow limp thru life with the above minimum. I don't know how she does it.......oh, actually I do, she lives off of me, regardless of divorce.

So when you make blanket statements about the "good of the child/ren", step-up as a man, take responsibility, etc, be aware that not all women take on their share.....and these are the women that make payer's (men mostly) so bloody angry. In some cases, it becomes a very one way street. That may not reflect your story, but it is a reality for many men. And yes, there are "real deadbeat" dads out there as well.

Enough said for me on this subject. It is my viewpoint, which I'm entitled to, as you are to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by piggybanktoex View Post
                              She didn't earn any of it, but she felt entitled to it all.

Ah yes. Not entitled. Funny how this is the line they all use. Obviously she WAS entitled as she did SOMETHING.

Again, take some responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
                                So first of all his new spouse is not responsible for paying for your child's teeth or anything for that matter. Unless there is an arrangement to do so.

Second - If he makes $105/year and you are covering 32%...it sounds like you are taking in about the $30-35K bracket. You don't mention spousal support but I assume you do take that along with child support. With all numbers, calculated approx of course, you both should be netting about $55-60/year. In short you BOTH take in the same amount of money..... I know because those numbers are similar to me. My ex only need pay 29% of costs....but yet we net the same. hmmmm? I smell some Kim Cambell....

Now you can force him through court to pay....which will take more money from the kids...because he has to pay a lawyer, and money does not grow on trees. Di you know his current debt load? Did you take it to him in court? Crush him like most women?

My kids come first....I have no savings....I barely cover expenses...and have a 3 bed 1100 sq home. If my daughter or son needs braces...the answer is no. Unless I dip into their RESP fund.....and that is not right. Bottom line is you have no idea about your exs financial situation. How much did he lose in the separation? What is his current debt load?

Sounds like his spouse is paying for the entire thing....no way he can cover that with the "debt bondage" he has to pay you.... His work pays him $105K/yr but you know he does not keep that.... the law says he is indebted to you and he must pay you.

Does not sound like he is blocking anyone. If he said, "I have the money and no I will not pay." Then yes, he is blocking. Is he saying this?

Sounds to me like he has not the money. I would need to know more about his financial debt, outside of your own legal "debt bondage" you have on him.

Just an idea....maybe you could take the same schooling your ex has and earn the same pay as he. That 3-5 years....your daughter will still be young and you would eliminate the debt bondage for your ex to properly spend money on your kids, save for the future of your kids and maybe even have a better relationship with you.

End the debt bondage first.
                                Wow. You assume I know nothing about his financial status but do a lot of assuming of your own about both his and mine. I'm sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick in your divorce, but not every woman is like your ex. Allow me to fill you in on some of the details.

I do know his financial status. As I mentioned, we just finished an almost 3 year court ordeal and financial statements were exchanged on a regular basis.

When we divorced, we were $40k in debt. He was out of work for a year and my credit was good so all but $2000 was in my name, so I walked away with $38k of debt on what was, at the time a $25k/year income. He had $2000 on a $95k income. I had to move into a 1000 sq. foot 3 bedroom townhouse while he moved into a $550k house. He travels out of the country on vacations 5-6 times a year, once per year on a cruise, I haven't had a vacation in almost 8 years. He got a brand new SUV while I still drive the same van we had when we split that's coming up to 300,000km. His spouse makes a good living, but by no means is she bankrolling him while he supports any kind of lavish lifestyle of mine. I don't hold any kind of "debt bondage" over him. On the contrary, he tends to withhold money from me any and every chance he gets, including refusing to reimburse me for medical expenses that I pay and his insurance pays him for.

He has not one but 2 vacation properties in Florida that he has purchased since our divorce, and just purchased an engagement ring that probably costs double what our daughter's braces are projected to cost.

As for the schooling, I supported him for 3 years while he attained the designation to help him make the salary he is currently enjoying. We decided as a couple that I would stay home with the kids so I didn't end up finishing my post-secondary education. Then, at 40 after being a stay at home mom for over 10 years, I was thrust back into the workplace with absolutely no warning. I currently average 44-55 hours per week and, with the debt I got am just making ends meet. I'm not sure when you think I would have the time, never mind the money to pursue the education I would need to make more than I currently do.

Like I say, I'm sorry that you feel that you got screwed in court, but men are not exclusive to that. Any more than women are the only ones who do the screwing. Yes, I take him to court when I have to, but only because he leaves me with no choice. Last time he refused to pay tabled support or his share of section 7 expenses, this time it's our child's braces and orthotics. It doesn't give me a thrill to fight with him, it makes me sick. Physically sick. My blood pressure has gone through the roof and I get migraines on a regular basis due to the stress.

As for my relationship with my kids, it's amazing.

I am ending the debt bondage. My own.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X