Child Support Ending letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Ending letter

Does anyone have or know where I can find a sample letter for terminating child support - or the correct wording to use? Thank you

Do you deal with a maintenance agency?

If you dont and there is just your ex you dont need a form letter. Just tell them "as per section X of our agreement and section Y of the divorce act, KID is no longer a child of the marriage and as such child support will cease immediately."

If you deal with a maintenance agency its a little more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
      Does anyone have or know where I can find a sample letter for terminating child support - or the correct wording to use? Thank you
      What exactly do you need it to say? How about this - off the top of my head:

"As of [date], [Kid] will be 18 years old and not enrolled full-time in postsecondary education. Thereafter [Kid] will no longer be a child of the marriage as defined by the Divorce Act, and no child support for [Kid] will be payable. The last child support payment for [Kid] in the amount of $xxx will be paid on [date]. Should [Kid] become a child of the marriage as defined by the Divorce Act at any time after [date], Mom and Dad will discuss the resumption of child support payments".

Obviously you're not going to terminate child support payments for the summer if Kid is going to school in the fall.

Comment

On the FRO form we put "Kidlet is now 19 years of age and has completed her post-secondary education."

That's all it said. Mom never responded to the form.

The form can be found here...

Ontario Central Forms Repository - Form Identification

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X