This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postponing Case Conference

Quick backstory: Ex is in military, moved away after we broke up and left us up north away from my family here in Ontario. I was a SAHM their entire lives and primary caregiver. When we split ex didn't pay support for 2 years and I didn't ask for spousal. When he moved he started to pay. We were there for another year. We moved back here nearly 3 years ago and we have never lived closer then 2 hours so he drives to pick them up every other weekend and I was granted sole custody in our divorce agreement. He tried in October to get custody and block our move to our new home (which only adds 20 minutes to his drive either way) He was told it was not in the best interest of the children to move where he is and the move was allowed. The Judge sugggested a consent to change order to change where pick up/drop off is and that we add a clause that I have to give 60 days notice, get his written permission or a court order to move and that's it. Instead the ex is trying to change nearly the entire order. He wants to drop the child support and only pay $300 per child until they each turn 18 (He currently makes $64000 per year, I thought he only made $62000 so he is in arrears. Our children are 15, 12 and almost 10) he wants to never have to show proof of income (I have yet to see an income tax report) he wants me to agree to not go after arrears and give up any rights to ever ask for help from FRO. He also wants joint custody regardless of the fact we live so far apart and do not get along at all.
    Long story short, he has ignored the Judge's suggestion and back to court we go. My problem is I had to come to Toronto this week as my mother is in the hospital and has to have a major operation on some of her arteries (they tried to put stints in yesterday, but the blockage was too severe so the procedure failed) I want to be here for her now, but have CC next week. Can I request to have it postponed for a bit or does it have to be done by the ex?
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone can motion for adjournment and it's procedural so it's easy (well easier). That said, it doesn't mean that the judge will agree.

Comment

How would I go about it?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X