Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assigning New File # to a case, or not?...Impications?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning New File # to a case, or not?...Impications?

Hello:

As mentioned before, I had to respond to an Emergency motion brought against me (2 weeks later we returned and the matter was to be dealt with such that Ex should bring an Application).

I have been served with the Application (which holds no file #). It appears:

(1) it is not known whether the Application should carry my old Application# or whether Ex should have their Application carry a new #. There is a judges endorsment of sort that came with the application saying that this issue of File # shall be decided during Case Conference?

Why, is there a catch? I feel the lawyer for ex must know something I don't

Does anyone know of the implications of either scenario (having new Application by Ex carry my file# used once to bring my application OR have Ex do the Application with a new file# ?

Please help!!!!
    In limbo......constantly!

inlimbo,

I posted a response in your other thread. If it was me , i would go visit the Registrar and verify the file number. Sometimes what the courts will do is rather than continue with the previous file - they branch it off designating it "A" after the old file number.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X