This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does it end?

Earlier this year my STBX had someone she was involved with in a platonic relationship charged. He threatened to kill her.

Today I find out that the guy she is with is being sought by the police. His ex's neighbours got fed up with him screaming obscenities at his ex every time he showed up they called the police. He did not stop even when the neighbours showed him they were filming him. My kids were in the car for a few of the drop offs though I do not know if they saw/heard anything. The guy is getting unhinged.

I wish I could say that was the only drama in the last year but it is not. Fortunately I have stayed clear of being involved (in the dramas) but it is tearing the kids up. The school has been great monitoring the situation cause my kids are reacting to it at school. They have also provided counselling. CAS has been little help, they just keep taking reports. I have lost several days of work alone attending to all of the counselling needs.

I have asked my STBX to think about how the kids see all of this. She tells them stuff only an adult with years of relationship experience would understand. She thinks they can just shrug it all off. One of the counsellors tried to impressed on her to talk the kids as kids, not adults.

I guess I just needed to vent.

The best you can do in this situation is to offer the kids a nice quiet stable place to be when they are with you. You can offer to your STBX that you can take the kids more often if she needs some space.

Comment

If the guy is showing signs of being seriously unstable AND you can somehow prove it. (Perhaps the neighbours who filmed would be willing to contact CPS regarding children in the car while this is going on as well?)

You MIGHT be able to leverage a TRO to keep him away from the kids, or at least so that he's never allowed alone with them.

It's not much, but it's likely the best you can pull off at this point. Keep calling CAS, encourage the neighbours to do so as well if they notice the children in the car when buddy is losing his mind.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X