No announcement yet.

Child table support, easy calc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your help everyone. That clarifies things a lot for me.

Comment

if he gets a big bonus each year, that is part of his income, why would you not include it? It is supposed to be reflective of income. Generally people use line 150, which is all income that is taxable. Nontaxable income is grossed up and added to the line 150, if that applies to your situation.

Comment

Income is income. Don't cherry-pick it. Line 150 should be inclusive of ALL income in your situation.

Comment

We have worked it all out now and are going to use the tax returns. Thanks for your help everyone, that helped a lot.

Comment

http://mysupportcalculator.ca

Use that site and the free option. Put in your line 150 and when asks about kids the arrangement is "shared".

Comment

Turns out his bonus last year was $14, 000. (about $12,000 more than I guessed it would likely be....)

Comment

Turns out his bonus last year was $14,000.(about $12,000 more than I guessed it would be....). So I agreed previously that we would not include bonuses as part of our income for support purposes (him knowing at the time it was worth $14,000). He is making quite a bit more money than I am and we have 3 children. Something about this doesn't seem right. Is there anything I could/should do here?

Comment

What are his bonuses normally?

You simply tell him that its part of his income for child support purposes.

Comment

His bonuses were typically around $2000 to $4000 per year.

Comment

I think I will do just that. Request that bonuses be included in the calculation.

He also is about to have an income property. Is there anything I should do now, to ensure that won't affect support either?

Comment

His income property will definitely be a challenge as he can claim deductions on his taxes which reduce his income for tax purposes but they arent included for cs purposes. I suggest you look at canlii and search “property income” and “child support” to see how it was calculated. I saw one case on there yesterday in my own search on a different topic related to cs.

If he balks at including it, remind him cs is the right of the child and the children should get the benefit of his additional income as they would if you weren’t divorced.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X