Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:38 AM

sens19 is on a distinguished road
Default Motion to change..next step ?

I have filed a motion to change the wording of my SA because we used the offset method of CS instead of the 1 pay you X , you pay me Y. Of course even though our SA specifically says that I can claim one of our 2 eligible children as a dependent , CRA says no " the wording is not correct ".
We have 50/50 custody and living arrangements .

I have asked the ex to agree to a change in the wording so that we can both receive the Eligible Dependent Credit but she flat out refuses .

I have jumped through all the hoops so far. 2 case conferences , 1 mediation session and a settlement conference . The master who presided over our conferences even said that my request had merit but the ex will not budge .

What is my next step ? How do I get my motion to change heard by a judge ?

Do I have to go to trial ?

Any opinion is appreciated .