This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

I wish to express my utmost gratitude to the maker of this forum and for the participants who come here out of the goodness of their hearts and motivated by their own personal quests to share their experience and wisdom.

Most notably: Mess, HammerDad Dadtotheend, staysingle, NBdad, WorkingDAD, plus more.

You have profoundly changed my life.

To say that I was ignorant to the severity of dysfunction in family law would be an understatement. You teachers have imparted many lessons - some of which I just couldn't swallow. I so desperately wanted to believe that we lived in a just society, where equally would prevail, and fair practice would win out. I was so very naive.

The more I read of others stories the more outraged I became.

This quest to do the right thing and protect the innocent took over every aspect of my life. And then to witness how quickly a man could be taken down to his knees came like a blow to my senses.

Post cc I began to take stock and pick up the pieces of myself that lay scattered like wreckage from a bomb. The mad scramble to figure out OMG what do we do now?

As a post blow awareness started to come me I started to see things differently. I could see that for a while I have foreseen an imminent crash. This had to change. People don't voluntarily change things until life becomes impossible to continue as is. Like watching an alcholic move slowly towards their rock bottom.

Once there, the only way is up.

The hardest thing about being basically a bystander in this destined circumstance is admitting or understanding --- I can not control this.

The serenity prayer became my mantra for months. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".

I finally have been given such wisdom. While I continue to support my partner on his heart quest to do right by his children - I no longer can actively participate in this quest. This is his destiny. Only he can bring the ring to morder.

I am resigned to the fact I need to let go now. It was twisting me into a person I didn't want to be. Angry, bitter, and stressed to the max. This is counter intuitive to my purpose to be a loving and healing vat of energy to those that are being hurt by the beast that is family court as well as for my career - I work with a lot of very sick people and they need me to be full of positive energy for them to tap into.

It is time for me to put my career on the forefront and return to my own job of loving and soft place to land for those I love.

I believe that the mission for justice that each of you choose is a very brave and heroic quest. I pray that the system is overhauled one day very soon and if every you need a signature, or need me to come and march, or even some support don't hesitate to ask.

I will check back from time to time, but I can no longer live and breathe divorce. I pray my partner strategically maneuvers himself through the war zone and by some miracle we find ourselves at the other end still together, still with a home, and still individually strong.

So again, I thank you all for everything you do for your children, everything you do to support each other as a community, and everything you do for this country to try to get laws changed. I wish you all the best on each of your personal battles. May you always have courage and fight for justice.

Thank you

and take care.

Your partner is a very lucky person to have you.

Comment

Thank you,

May your heart break return to a heart full of the happiness that fatherhood should be as swiftly as possible.

Comment

Thank you for supporting your partner through one of the most difficult periods in a persons life.....the dissolution of family life and encountering the sharp edge of family law.

I also wish to thank you for offering your help and insight tp others on this forum. You have a compassion heart and above average reasoning, fortunate endowments indeed.

I thoroughly understand and agree with your position to withdrawal from the modern fray of family law (if you can). Modern family law will invariably leave an indelible mark on everyone it touches.

It has been my observation that the female partners of men who have been torn to ribbons and their children that have been cast adrift by this social pathology in family court are some of the loudest, resolved activists for permanent changes to family laws. I also firmly believe women will play the decisive role in bringing sanity and fairness back to one of the most difficult periods in a family's life.

So Karmaseeker, thank you for not shrinking at the foot of this beast and helping your partner make it this far.
        Good luck to you and your family.

Comment

Well, what I can say...
          Doctor we are losing her ...

you obviously need some brake from all this. I wish you will find balance with your partner so all that crusade for justice will not ruing your relationship completely...

I still trying to find that balance and I am not very good with it.. all that Family Court stuff consume me completely. Even when I am trying to stay with my family ma head constantly thinking about what? how? when? I have to do on trial what will continue in 2 weeks....

I truly share your frustration. For me all that injustice was really hard pill to swallow but I manage to put it behind me as more important to save my little one from total destruction ...

Yea your partner lucky to have you and I we are lucky to have you on this forum. For me you are live prove that what kind of person you are base not on gender...

good luck to you guys.
          I will write what was going on with my trail. I still believe I can come on top from all this. Otherwise I would not be able to fight ...

After first day I kept mom on stand Justice said - Base on what i heard so far you people should really start to talk ... Did they? Nope....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X