This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict of interest?

I am currently involved in a Family law Trial for custody and access and it has come to my attention that my ex husband's ( who is the applicant) lawyer and the Judge hearing our Trial are going on a overseas conference/vacation at the end of the month...Does this constitute a conflict of interest?

hoping someone can provide some insight.
    i left my matrimonial home last month following domestic assault where my husband was charged and arrested, later released on bail. i did go to see a lawyer concerning custody of our now 5 month daughter. my lawyer is working collaboratively with his to figure out a solution. however, his recent response has been that he wishes to reconcile and cohabit. now that he has to pay a pretty decent child support amount, i am positive that is where the reconciliation proposal is stemming from. this is not the first assualt incident, but there is a pattern. just that like many women i never reported it before. there has only been one letter between the 2 lawyers thus far, asking what he wishes. i still have to meet my lawyer and explain the abusive pattern but i have expressed my wish to obtain sole custody with supervised access. i am not oppposed to his visitation, just very scared and intimidated right now. where do i stand right now and what can i expect? i just want some general information from people's experiences here.
    would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X