Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About Spousal Support As Income!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Janus & @rockscan Rockscan may, in fact, be a lady, but she sure isn't a feminist or a sister. Nuff said. Her statement speaks for itself.

Comment

I don't want any more of your input into my issue. Go "help" someone else. Rockscan - real feminine name.

Comment

@emily333 you just invited some good old fashioned anonymous public forum slag
        Ain’t the internet fun
        Hope you find a way to resolve your challenges
        Family law is a real shit show

Comment

Originally posted by Emily333 View Post
          @Janus & @rockscan Rockscan may, in fact, be a lady, but she sure isn't a feminist or a sister. Nuff said. Her statement speaks for itself.

You need to look into the definition of feminist. Screwing men over is nowhere in there. You are not a feminist nor are you my sister.

I went out, got an excellent education, worked my ass off to end up in a really great job and now am self sufficient due to my education experience and skills. I make double what my husband makes and live a pretty awesome life. All because my mother, who gave up her career for my father, told all her daughters to work hard and take care of themselves and NEVER depend on a man for support.

P.S. thats not an answer to your issue. That’s a statement if fact.

Comment

I responded to what you said to me, and you have a real problem for being called out, I see. I don't care how you live or what your mother gave up. Your initial response to my issue showed that you are not a feminist. End of story. For you to accuse me of the same, with no evidence, is unfounded and ridiculous. I asked you to stop posting on my question. Why don't you find some other women on here to browbeat and leave me alone? You're a jerk, and that's putting it nicely. And you can't be doing that well in life if you need this forum.

Comment

I responded to what you said to me, and you have a real problem for being called out, I see.
              I don’t think you called me out for anything as I answered your question with a response on entitlement. Not sure how that was wrong unless you FEEL you are entitled to your ex husband’s money and you don’t care what the law or possibly your agreement says.

I don't care how you live or what your mother gave up.
              Your feelings wound me. Oh wait, no they don’t.

Your initial response to my issue showed that you are not a feminist. End of story.
              This was my initial response:

This is not an answer to your question but the ss amount being revisited has nothing to do with taxes and little to do with income.

In your agreement/order the review date was put in to review your ability to get a job. Your marriage was probably short and the likelihood of you being able to work was a factor.

For instance, in a marriage that was short (say ten years) involving a spouse who needed retraining or assistance to become self sufficient may have had a five year review period for the recipient to get training/education/experience to get to a level of self sufficiency. In this case ss may have been $2000 per month but would then step down to say $1000 or less.

In your case your ss would probably be reviewed based on how self sufficient you have become and how much longer you need support. These details could be found in your original court case.

If you want to keep your amount you will have to demonstrate why you are entitled to it. That would include any roadblocks to being able to get to a self sufficient point.
              Not really sure what part of that shows I’m not a feminist. Or perhaps you have a different dictionary that I do. Feminism is equal to men. Being treated equal to men. Having equal pay and equal rights to men. It is NOT taking a man’s money or making a man pay me for our marriage.

For you to accuse me of the same, with no evidence, is unfounded and ridiculous.
              You’re right. Please share with me details on why you are a feminist because you haven’t really demonstrated that. Best check the definition too before you post.

I asked you to stop posting on my question.
              But you accused me of being a bad person, surely I am allowed to defend myself??

Why don't you find some other women on here to browbeat and leave me alone?
              Most of the women on here who have stayed and contributed meaningful commentary and advice are quite wonderful, know the law and allow for measured, careful discussion with thoughtful contributions. A few of them frighten me and really I have no real reason to “call them out”.

Plus I don’t believe in beating brows.

You're a jerk
              Sticks and stones...

And you can't be doing that well in life if you need this forum.
              I’m actually doing awesome and I come to this forum because I share info gleaned from my experience. The moderators like me and a few of the remaining posters agree with me. I also find it mildly enjoyable watching posters like you get all huffy, take your toys and leave.

The real (rhetorical) question is, if you got an answer and you don’t like anyone criticizing you, why are YOU still coming here? It’s anonymous forum full of brow beating jerks.

Well, at least [mention]Janus [/mention]and I are. J-dog: represent!

Comment

My God - GET A LIFE!!! WOW!!! I am talking about your snarky exchange with the other poster!!! Recall that???? You made some joke about me!!!! That showed your are NO FEMINIST!!!! ARE YOU ON HERE 24/7???!!! Keep harassing me and I am going to report you. i HAVE ASKED YOU TO STOP AND YOU WON'T. I TOLD YOU TO FIND ANOTHER WOMAN ON HERE TO BROWBEAT AND TO LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS. I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GET SOME PSYCHIATRIC HELP.

Comment

Get some professional help. You obviously have serious issues with being called out on your behaviour. Taking out your misery on other people will eventually backfire. As in, keep harassing me, on a thread I started and which you made fun of, and I will report you to the moderators you value so much.

Comment

@Janus & @rockscan Sadly, your comments do a very good job of reinforcing what I was told about many of the men on here. Too bad. And you're right! I am the only lady on here receiving spousal support! Yup! Man, you're smart.

This was your response to my two generic posts about calculating cs and ss AND my suggestion that you offer to keep ss as is and reduce cs since this is what a court would accept and would help you win costs should your ex fight it.

You accused me of being a man and an evil one at that. Then I joked about Janus’ comment since you had stated that you were warned about men like me. You then accused me of not being a feminist which is simply not true. I makes me mean but not an anti feminist. Plus you were sexist in your comment so there’s that.

ARE YOU ON HERE 24/7???!!!
                    I’m actually on my lunch and it’s either this or play candy crush so I made a choice.

I TOLD YOU TO FIND ANOTHER WOMAN ON HERE TO BROWBEAT...
                    See above, you started it, I am simply defending myself from your baseless accusations.

Get some professional help.
                    Of the two of us, sounds like you need it more.

There’s also an ignore button at the top. Plus you got an answer so why are you still here?

Comment

My marriage lasted over 15 years and my ex is also paying child support. The issue currently is not whether or not I am entitled to support. My ex made less money last year and has asked that the amount of spousal support be revisited. My lawyer directed me (once again) to the online "support calculator," in order to come up with a new figure for child and spousal support. (The calculator was correct in determining the current supports amounts down to the dollar.) The question is, what amount of income do I put into the calculator?? Surely not the amount of income that contains spousal support, as well?? I do not understand why I cannot get an answer to this question! It's mind-boggling! Ladies on this forum, PLEASE TELL ME: HOW DO YOU RE-DETERMINE A NEW SUPPORT AMOUNT BASED ON A TOTAL OF INCOME THAT INCLUDES SPOUSAL SUPPORT??!!
                      MySupportCalculator.ca and DivorceMate agree on CS but differ on Spousal and Section 7 calculations. MSC is often a bit low on SS and S7. DM licensed some of their code to MSC but DM is more sophisticated.
                      SS is usually determined for a longer period say 3-5 years before revision especially in cases where one party (often the woman) had lower income and opportunity during the marriage. Men (usually the man) often gripe about this arguing they did not want the woman to reduce or stop work. That is irrelevant.
                      SS is about entitlement, amount and duration.
                      Entitlement is most often based on need (from my understanding) and factors such as education, job history, medical etc are considered.
                      Amount is based on the guidelines that are not really guidelines financially as with CS Tables. CS is totally income based where spousal is based on equalization of "family" income. Amount is often reviewed initially after 3-5 years so is not adjusted annually as with CS although that does not make sense to me given the ease of the calculation online or by finding a law firm or mediator with full access to do it fee based.
                      Duration is the period that SS will be payable. Heuristic is length of cohabitation plus or minus for a range.
                      Justice Canada has some excellent articles on eligibility.
                      Worth trying to understand the complexity.

Many of the moderators and others here are very knowledgable and experienced. I have found this forum very helpful for the most part.
                      As to the tone of some posters here it is what it is.
                      In society there are all personality types, empaths, aggressors, alphas and just plain crazy. Same here. Many members are here to help and some have zero patience for nonsense. Takes all kinds. There is some very solid expertise here.
                      Anonymous to some means go ahead and troll, insult and taunt. Whatever.
                      I have teens that have better manners thank goodness. I teach them to push back as politely as possible when they are bullied. So let the bullies squawk and tell them to shut it when it s too much.
                      Take what you can, not worth getting into it, it takes two to tango.
                      Wait for the slag that is coming my way for this. :-) By end of day.
                      Last edited by Abba435; 05-07-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X