Completing Form 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completing Form 13

Good Morning all! I am in process of writing up a case conference brief which requires a Form 13 Financial statement as the issue in question is child support. My ex has refused consent to increase his required payments. My question is: Do I have have to include my bank account numbers on the form? I have nothing to hide and have no problem giving names of banks, types of accounts and balances; However giving the account numbers does not sit right with me. If they are not required, can anyone give me the authority to not providing them. As always, I appreciate ant help. This site has served me very well in the past and I am most appreciative. Thank you all.

I've never included account #s. It doesn't sit right with me either.
    No one has ever addressed that I left it blank.
    I'm the support recipient. Not sure if that is why.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Comment

Completing Form 13

Your bank accounts dont have any bearing on cs. Dont you just have to file a motion for support? When we saw my partners lawyer two years ago and asked what action his ex could do for her feeling she was owed more cs, he told us she would file a motion for support...

ETA: I could be wrong but when I read 15 mtc theres three options including one that says "The case only includes a claim to change child support in accordance with the table amount specified under the Child Support Guidelines and a financial statement is therefore not attached."
      Last edited by rockscan; 03-16-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

It's best practice to put account numbers. In more complicated cases when people have many accounts it gets difficult to keep track of everything without them.

One option is to * a few digits. So put 83*****4902. Or "Account ending 88942"

You should absolutely do this with credit card numbers.

Comment

Rockscan: for a case conference a Form 13 is required. I have a problem giving my ex my bank account numbers. I am looking for some authority that says I can omit acct. #s in my conference brief. Thanks.

Comment

As per above, just name the account and put in a partial number leaving some as **. It's really not a big deal.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X