Markham Ambert Alert Appears to Be False Allegation by Parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markham Ambert Alert Appears to Be False Allegation by Parent

Father of Ontario girl found safe after Amber Alert won't be charged, police say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tion-1.5063232

I hope she is charged if there was really no concern for child's safety, only vengeance as the motive.
    Last edited by YoungDad23; 03-20-2019, 10:59 AM. Reason: grammar

Here is a link to father's FB page where he is defending himself but not blaming the police because they were only working from the information given to him by the other parent:

https://www.facebook.com/solo.jayy

Comment

We have no idea what led the mother to say these things. We have no idea what the police knew to issue the alert. Unless someone has the link to the mother speaking to the media or over social media?

You know what we do know? That this idiot is dragging his kids mother in the news and over social media. If you did nothing wrong- then sit the hell down and shut up about it. Save it in your back pocket to show the courts (which no doubt will be involved) how irrational the mother is.

There's a clip of him that the radio stations are playing where he says he absolutely knows that his daughter's mother is spiteful enough to do this.

Comment

Schools don’t release kids to just anyone and if he didn’t have the freedom before then he would not have been able to sign kid out.

The police don’t release an amber alert unless they fear for the childs safety and that is a high measure to meet.

Therefore it is easy to infer that the mother went extreme on this more than likely telling the police he could kill the child. Or that the child was not safe in his presence. He should be speaking out about it because there is an automatic bias on him as the non-custodial parent with an amber alert against him.

I hope they either charge her or give her a serious warning.

Comment

Rocksan- did you notice the picture they were using on news yesterday? it looked like a mugshot. Who's to say he isn't known to police and that's why they took it seriously?

Most likely- the mom did go spiteful. And if she did- hopefully she'll be dealt with. I'm not commenting on her actions.

I disagree with you that he needs to speak out. He doesn't. The fact that he wasn't charged and the police have come out and said there is nothing that leads them to believe he kidnapped his daughter speaks volumes on its own. He does not need to be dragging the mom. It makes him look petty. He could've left it at "she's always safe with me"- simple. No need to drag the mom.

https://www.cp24.com/news/york-regio...safe-1.4343800

Here's some other questions I have- dude is 25. he obviously has a cell phone- did anyone try calling him (the answer I'm assuming is yes), did he answer?

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            Schools don’t release kids to just anyone and if he didn’t have the freedom before then he would not have been able to sign kid out.

The police don’t release an amber alert unless they fear for the childs safety and that is a high measure to meet.

Therefore it is easy to infer that the mother went extreme on this more than likely telling the police he could kill the child. Or that the child was not safe in his presence. He should be speaking out about it because there is an automatic bias on him as the non-custodial parent with an amber alert against him.

I hope they either charge her or give her a serious warning.
            Looks like nobody is going to be charged but like Rockscan, I hope the mother was given a stern talking to about making false allegations or exaggerating any concerns she had to get her ex in trouble and possibly gain a legal advantage in family court.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp

There is likely a lot more to this story than meets the eye but it seems was no legal paperwork preventing the father from signing daughter out of school. This would be a hard call for the police to make about the amber alert since marital separation is very recent.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
              We have no idea what led the mother to say these things. We have no idea what the police knew to issue the alert. Unless someone has the link to the mother speaking to the media or over social media?

You know what we do know? That this idiot is dragging his kids mother in the news and over social media. If you did nothing wrong- then sit the hell down and shut up about it. Save it in your back pocket to show the courts (which no doubt will be involved) how irrational the mother is.

There's a clip of him that the radio stations are playing where he says he absolutely knows that his daughter's mother is spiteful enough to do this.
              I can understand why he is speaking out. People thought the worst of him and now he is defending his reputation. The mother deserves to have her name dragged through the mud if she gave police false information. He isnt the idiot here in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDad23 View Post
                There is likely a lot more to this story than meets the eye but it seems was no legal paperwork preventing the father from signing daughter out of school. This would be a hard call for the police to make about the amber alert since marital separation is very recent.
                100% agree with you.

If she did make false accusations or give the police incorrect information- that there is a no-contact order or access-order in place- her reckoning will come. See the case Tayken just posted.

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                I can understand why he is speaking out. People thought the worst of him and now he is defending his reputation. The mother deserves to have her name dragged through the mud if she gave police false information. He isnt the idiot here in this case.
                still disagree- with everyone. lol. edit to add: He's an idiot to KEEP talking. just shut the fuck up already.

If she gave the police false information- charge her. let the court deal with it. On a personal note- yes I would like the book thrown at people (let's be real - it's women) who make false allegations.

BUT if he's going to speak out- he can say "My daughter is, and has always been safe with me"- no need to call the mom spiteful. Even if she is. What's best for your kid here? Rise above. Don't sink to the mom's level.

Guys- we could make up a hundred different narratives where one side or the other is right.

What we know is that he did nothing wrong in removing his kid from school. He's not charged. That's all we know.

We know the police said they had reason to be concerned for the child. We don't know what that reason is. We're not entitled to it either.

Let's just all be happy the kid is safe.

(and sad that her parents may be idiots).
                Last edited by iona6656; 03-20-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Rocksan- did you notice the picture they were using on news yesterday? it looked like a mugshot. Who's to say he isn't known to police and that's why they took it seriously?
                  He actually addressed the fact that they used this photo in order to depict him as a criminal. There were lots of other photos publicly available that showed his features much clearer but didn't make him look like a bad guy.

If the mother gave the police that photo, she knew exactly how she was portraying him to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDad23 View Post
                    He actually addressed the fact that they used this photo in order to depict him as a criminal. There were lots of other photos publicly available that showed his features much clearer but didn't make him look like a bad guy.

If the mother gave the police that photo, she knew exactly how she was portraying him to the public.
                    True....BUT....

Do we know the mom gave the police that photo? What if it's what they had (because he was charged with something)? What if his fb photos weren't public, until this morning.

What if?

What if?

What if?

Again- see my comment above about us making up narratives.

Comment

That wasn’t a mug shot from YRPS. The mother could have provided it as well.

I get where you are coming from but this was clearly a ridiculous escalation for no reason. He picked her up from school which he had done before as evidenced from the school releasing her. The mother called the police. How many parents on this forum have had their ex’s call the police on them? A lot. Maybe he wasn’t answering his phone because he was spending time with his daughter and her grandfather and he knew the ex objected. Was that wrong, maybe but why does she get to control it?

The whole thing screams of control issues and refusal to act reasonable. The police even said they only had one side of the story. I watched his interview and found nothing other than a frustrated parent who was falsely labeled a kidnapper. Add to that he is a visible minority from a race normally targeted unfairly and his response is reasonable.

This was a waste of time and resources. And I turn my phone off most of the time and have it on silent with no vibration. Unless I look at it, I don’t know if someone is calling. Plus, there have been moments with my man’s kids where he has asked them to turn off their phones because of their mothers incessant repeated calls and she freaked right out thinking something had happened to them.

Comment

If she gave the police false information- charge her. let the court deal with it.
                        You must live in a place where mothers face actual consequences for false allegations. I would personally love to visit or move to this alternative universe, but I suspect it might violate my separation agreement on some level.

In this world, anybody who has spent any time with Canlii knows that she will not face any real consequences, ever. You have to be bad to the kid, hurting the father is a freebie. Recent case posted by Tayken aside, this nonsense almost never results in a custody change.

BUT if he's going to speak out- he can say "My daughter is, and has always been safe with me"- no need to call the mom spiteful. Even if she is. What's best for your kid here? Rise above. Don't sink to the mom's level.
                        The mom caused an amber alert. That's about as public as it can possibly get. He needs to defend himself publicly, it needs to be in the paper. If the mother did indeed make this up she is going to be spinning stories like it is going out of style. The dad needs some newspaper reports so that when the daughter looks this up ten years from now, she can understand the truth.

That said, this is still early. The mom put her story out there, the dad is putting out this version, and perhaps we will find out which is accurate shortly

Comment

I think it is also very possible that the police put a rush on meeting the “criteria” of an Amber Alert this time around. They are facing a lot of misdirected criticism because by the time the last Amber alert was issued, the child was already dead.

Can you imagine the pressure? You have a case where mere weeks ago a little girl ended up dead, and then all of a sudden a seemingly identical scenario pops up. They probably didn’t have a lot of “proof” that the child was in serious danger this time around; what they did have was a hysterical mother. What would go through your head? My first thought would be, let’s get this alert out before we have another dead child on our hands.

Unfortunately it’s cases like these that make people not take the cases like the one a few weeks back seriously. Classic case of crying wolf.

Comment

He never said it was spiteful. He said any false accusations against him were done out of spite.

They separated TEN DAYS AGO. Think about the first month of your splits and what frame of mind you were in. His father came from out of town, he signed his kid out to see her grandfather and advised his ex he was doing so. She flipped out and called the police. The police operate on a different level especially when it comes to kids. Add in the sensitivity of the previous amber alert and the issues affecting Toronto when it comes to safety like this. (Recall the terrorist threats to Canada’s Wonderland late last summer). The police even said they were operating on side of the story.

More than likely the “acrimonious separation” was the basis of her panic. When my parents split my mom had us convinced my father was going to kidnap my brother. People in escalated emotional situations react unreasonably.

I haven’t seen anything wrong with him speaking out. He’s been labeled a kidnapper. His best media play for his own reputation is to say Im not a crook. You’re a lawyer though iona so I can see why you would say “don’t say anything”. I work in media and can safely say no comment is the worst you can do!

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                              You must live in a place where mothers face actual consequences for false allegations. I would personally love to visit or move to this alternative universe.

My brother-in-law's first wife filed a false report on him a number of years back. Said he assaulted her. He was arrested and spent a night (maybe 2) in jail.

My sister spent the night and next day bird-dogging footage of the interaction (it happened in a public office that has a number of cameras). She managed to get video evidence of what happened (absolutely nothing) and brought that to the police. His ex was charges and had some minor punishment.

Anecdotal, but it does happen. I remember the day quite vividly.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X