Ex not wanting to split divorce cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex not wanting to split divorce cost

I can't figure this one out. Been separated for 3 years with a separation agreement in place.

Both of us acknowledge that we will never get back together.

Ex won't share the lawyer fees to get the final divorce paperwork done, and says if I want a divorce to pay for it myself.

Is there any risk (validity of our separation agreement, potentially losing child access, financial..) to delaying the final divorce?

Or maybe it has something to do with religion? We were married Catholic if that makes any difference.

Originally posted by climber9 View Post
    I can't figure this one out. Been separated for 3 years with a separation agreement in place.

Both of us acknowledge that we will never get back together.

Ex won't share the lawyer fees to get the final divorce paperwork done, and says if I want a divorce to pay for it myself.

Is there any risk (validity of our separation agreement, potentially losing child access, financial..) to delaying the final divorce?

Or maybe it has something to do with religion? We were married Catholic if that makes any difference.

You don't need lawyers... fill out a joint divorce, have your ex sign it, you pay the fees and file. My husband filed a joint divorce with his ex and paid all the fees (about $500). If you want the divorce pay for it, your ex doesn't have to contribute if they don't want to. I believe his ex had to meet him at the court house to sign but he still paid for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same issue. It's a way for them to control you. You can do it yourself but it's always easier with a lawyer. $1000 and it's done and over with hassle free. Just pay for it, get it done with, and tell her to get lost after.. a little something like this

Last edited by trinton; 04-21-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X